Garmin Mobile 20 GPS Receiver and Bluetooth Kit For Smartphones

i got a ATT Tilt… with google and tomtom loaded… guess i will have to pass also…

It retails for an MSRP of$ 267.85 USD according to Garmin’s website. All windows mobile simbian and PALM Os phones work apparently.

is it a GPS device? or just an extension for the GPS antenna?

I have a Blackberry curve 8310 from AT&T. I don’t have date plan on my blackberry. But can i still use this GPS kit for free?

I want this. But I’m about to trade up my T-Mobile MDA for something new - I’d hate to buy this Garmin Mobile and be stuck with it if it isn’t compatible with whatever I end up buying to replace the MDA.

Also, Google Maps is unbelievably useful - and free, and has turned my MDA into a GPS-enabled device without costing me anything extra per month.

I’ve got the PPC6700 with sprint.
I bought the gps unit with microsoft streets about 2 years ago from here.
i can do static maps on my phone, will this be better?
anyone have experience?

For once, Utah isn’t lit up like a Christmas tree on fire. Guess they got no where to go.

This is what I want to know, I have the BlackBerry Curve 8320 from T-Mobile that has the Wi-Fi and no GPS built in…

I need an external GPS source and this could be it, but I don’t know if it will pair with my BB and be useful…

Anyone know any more on the subject of using this woot with BB’s?

Manufacturers page:

This should be VERY good. I have a garmin streetpilot 2720 and the same maps (I think). They work great.

If I didn’t already have the standalone GPS, I’d be all over this.

This should work great with your PPC-6700 (I have the same phone).

This is a CAR-ONLY system, which combines GPS and Bluetooth speakerphone. For the money, it’s outstanding. The SiRF III chipset is close to state of the art, and the software is fine. You may fumble around for a while getting everything set up, but if you have a car without GPS and/or Bluetooth speakerphone, this is a winner.

I have both in my car, but bought this to stick in my wife’s car for when we’re on road trips.

Probably not. Some mobile phone companies have a nasty habit of charging you for data use (by the megabyte, and most of the bastards charge you in full MB increments - so if you connect, get disconnected and reconnect, the clock starts running all over again, and that last call gets logged as if you’d used up the full 1MB of data.

You could probably add on a flat-rate unlimited data plan through AT&T. Whatever you do, don’t sign up for a measured-rate plan - GPS and mapping devices are data hogs and you can run up a bill like you wouldn’t believe.

looks like it if you follow the link in the description. for some reason the list in the description doesn’t include it, but on the Garmin site it is listed.

Any idea if it works with a Nokia N800? When I went through the link I couldn’t find the information.

Micro or Mini SD? Garmin says micro, woot says mini…micro is the only one that will work with centro!

Already have a Sprint HTC Mogul with a built in GPS chip hence have TomTom and Google Maps already preloaded!

if you have a mogul, you probably have a working GPS chip that just needs to be enabled. message me if you need to find out about this or just get the lastest ROM update of windows mobile

OK, according to Garmin’s site, this particular kit will NOT work with any BlackBerry devices, so I’m going back to bed now…

Yes, it will!

http://www.amazon.com/review/R3H1JR1QI7DYAM/ref=cm_cr_pr_viewpnt#R3H1JR1QI7DYAM

I have a PPC-6700 (Sprint) and a N800, this will work with both.

It’s a bit of a snug fit with the N800.

NOTE: I paid over $100 for this and thought it a good deal. When I registered with Garmin,
I was upgraded to 2008 maps, for free. Sent me a DVD copy and a small Nokia charger adapter, gratis.

I’m thinking of buying again, the 2009 maps may be out.

anyone know if google maps work with the gprs receiver over bluetooth? not really interested with the garmin map.

Same here minus the tomtom loaded.

If I’m not mistaken, this only works for Garmin GPS receivers, correct? No other receivers?