Garmin nüvi 4.3" GPS with Lifetime Maps

It clearly says US only…go on Tiger Direct for U.S. and Canada maps

I doubt that…maybe you can get updated maps that include Canada but this unity supports US only

This model DOES have Lane Assist…
“Know the lane before it’s too late with lane assist with junction view”

You don’t need cell coverage to use GPS and google maps on android devices and I imagine that is true for Apple too. Goggle maps automatically saves a low res map of most of the world and you can cache high res sections for offline use.

010-N0990-21 (this product) is US 50 States, 010-N0990-21 is the same unit with US & Canada maps, so this one does not include Canada.

Does anyone know if Canada be added for free w/ lifetime maps update?

Thanks!

The woot description says: “Available in select metropolitan areas”…Hmmmm…doesn’t sound promising.

I now use Waze every time I get on the highway, even for my daily commute, just because it tells me where the cops are hiding.

No, but its doesn’t give away your position to the world and I’m sure in some back woods location in the U.S., reporting where police have speed traps set up would be considered flashing your lights to warn on coming drivers… meaning… it’s a 175.00 fine and points in Michigan… Oh, and I can assure you traffic enforcement officers use WAZES too. :wink:

Not sure what “select metropolitan areas” are but I guess that’s all of NJ and NY. Love that feature.

I don’t have unlimited data, which using the GPS on my phone eats up quickly. I just can’t afford that. So I use my GPS heavily instead. I do, as someone else recommended in another comment, use my phone to look up specific addresses though, and will plug them into the GPS.

Yes but the latest firmware updates pushed earlier in the year support both the US AND Canada for this (and most likely other) models.

However a data connection is needed however briefly to get map and other location data with google servers. I take it you’ve never been in the BFDs and attempted to use your mobile’s GPS device to no avail?

Oh and another thing we noticed this year while driving around Cocoa Beach and Satellite Beach is the GPS unit has known red-light cameras installed in the map.

We learned that while driving down the A1A in Cocoa and having the GPS making a loud dinging noise, throwing up a little textual alert too. Very cool! :slight_smile:

LOL, but the NSA stills knows where you are at all times.

Due to constant bombing, accuracy in Syria is not guaranteed. A road that existed yesterday may not exist today.

Tell me how you like it after you pay dealer prices for an update.

I have a Mac running OS 10.6.8. am I going to have problems installing apps, updating?

After using an earlier Garmin model without lifetime maps for 6 years, I got one of these refurbished in the last sale (for $10 more, too!). So far it seems to work great, and is a huge improvement over my old one.

I can’t add one to my shopping cart. Are they sold out?

“Lifetime maps”… this phrase means the lifetime of this specific GPS - a few years maybe - and not YOUR lifetime. If it quits working in a year you’ll need to buy another device with lifetime maps - it is not transferable.