Garmin Nuvi 200 GPS

i dont have this model, but i have a garmin and its so easy to use! works flawlessly in our 3 cars, very satisfied with it!

garmin is the suck. i will tom tom thanks :smiley:

I have Tom Tom 910 which is the best as far as I’m concerned. 20gb hard drive, mp3 and Audible downloads, text to speech etc etc I found it annoying trying to figure out how far 500 feet was to the turn and I love the fact that it tells you the street name ahead of time. Also Bluetooth so you can use it as a hands free.

Comes with PC software to download easily too.

Garmin has a good name however you have to be careful about features on anything.

I returned 4 different GPS devices before deciding on the Tom Tom because of it’s features. Also mine has a 4.3" screen

This is very appealing, and I could probably live without the audio, but some of the Amazon reviews mention that some 200 units ship with an older set of maps, and that it costs $75 to upgrade from Garmin.

This is a great GPS. If you go on Garmin’s website, you can compare different models. The basic difference between this and the 350 is that the 300 series speaks street names. The 200 will say “Turn left in 200 feet” and the 350 will say, “Turn left up ahead onto Grove St.” 350 also has some other features, but the key difference in my book is the spoken-street-name feature.

boo, go tom tom all the way!!!

It beats it like a drum. :slight_smile:

pre-loaded no PC or MAC needed

The TOMTOM One is way better in features and easier to use.

Nuvi software sucks big time but the maps are most up-to-date than any other in the same class. Nuvi captures and locks on sat signals even indoors.

This thing can’t read street names, can it? That’s always seemed like a deal-breaker to me.

BTW this doesnt really have a 3.5 inch screen iirc it is only 2.5 like my 250.

“Green Tree Rd. and N. Port Washington Rd., Milwaukee” - trust me, it ain’t that interesting of a “point of interest.” There was a nursing home there for a while, and it’s now a grocery store and Blockbuster. Although, I guess the Blockbuster is about as interesting as the Burger Chef that was once there, I guess.

you sure? if that’s the case, I’ll wait til then

I need a GPS badly. Is this one any good?

How does this relate to SiRF comparisons… ?

Good luck!

Jon

That looks like $250 to me, not $238.

If it had voice for the street names Id be in.

if you’re going to sell us a nuvi, why not at least get the one with SPOT on board?

The Magellan, TomTom and Garmin are all good units and I have tried them all but any one who knows the GPS market well will tell you Garmin is the leader and that is why I choose to buy one. They have the best software package and that is what makes the difference. The GPS is pretty much the same but the user interface is different. At $200 this is a no brainer.

It’s 3.5 inches diagonal (the way all screens are measured in inches).