Garmin nuvi 2200 Personal GPS

Where exactly does it say “separate subscription required”? I could not find that from 1saleaday site.

I have other Nuvi models and have driven over much of the south and west. I find the maps very accurate, with updates catching new roads etc. Speed limits are not as good. Using the find places is a crap shoot. Many places turn out to be closed for years, while it misses lots of going concerns.

I think it’s kind of funny that this has turned into a discussion board for the 1saleaday.com deal. I will say that wherever y’all are getting your info that a Garmin LMT model needs a separate subscription is just incorrect. LMT means it comes with a special type of charger which lets it gets the updates…for free. There is no additional sub. You can also order the one Woot! is offering and then order a compatible LMT GTM charger such as: Garmin | Select a Location

I don’t see th separate subscription required either. I trust woot more than 1saleaday, but I bought the one on onsaleaday this time…better deal, good overall reviews on amazon

I’m always amazed that any stand alone GPS are even sold any more! Just about any ‘smart phone’ has Google Maps or ???
Free updates and every bit as effective as finding your way…nothing beats a real map BTW…you know…paper and hard to fold up right…

The power cable has nothing to do with the subscriptions. The traffic receiver is in the cable. That’s it. You don’t use that cable when connecting the GPS to the computer to get map updates.

The GTM cable only gets you TRAFFIC.

Any Garmin model with a LMT as part of the model number has Lifetime Maps and Traffic included.

The 1sale deal lists a 1300LMT which would include FREE lifetime mapping and FREE lifetime traffic.

This model does not.

Both models have been discontinued.

Garmin does not brown box their refurbished devices and offers a 1 year warranty on their refurbs that they sell. Based on that the 1Sale deal with only a 90 day warranty is not as good a deal as it seems.

I’m always amazed that people will comment on products they don’t own, don’t want, and don’t understand. Don’t they have anything better to do with their time?

A high-quality GPS performs that single function better than any smartphone does. Smartphone GPS is improving rapidly, but it’s not quite there yet.

And frankly my smartphone has a screen way too small to comfortably and safely navigate with while driving, though that’s just me.

On my next car I am hoping to install a mount for a 7" tablet… perfect for GPS, streaming radio, even surfing the web in a pinch. Heck it wouldn’t surprise me if in a couple years some cars come with a removable iPad Mini installed, already tied in to the car’s audio systems and such.

no, it’s just that the Roads in New Jersey are completely unnavigable. I always thought it was me. But now I see that apparently computers can’t navigate the maze that is Jersey.

1sale updated their ad because I saw the “additional subscription required” earlier in the day. (They must be lurking on woot!)

Correct you are. The reason Garmin tells you to turn the wrong way onto a one way street is that stupid Newark reverses the direction of their narrow, pot hole strewn streets twice a day!
No GPS made currently can adapt to that hideous city.