Gateway 10.1” Netbook with 250GB Hard Drive, 6 Cell Battery & Windows 7 Starter

I made the mistake of getting that last time. I ended up giving it to my work mates who enjoyed it. I personally couldn’t eat any of them. gross

Not the stupid Bi-Polar ones either!! Fixed blades and Flash IIs please. Survival knives.

Being chased by Zombies can ruin anyone’s day,
Being chased by Zombies and forgetting to make an online payment is the worst!

At this point you regret your decision to purchase a 19" laptop, for that Zombie behind you is gaining fast!

Get the Gateway 10.1” Netbook, and put your fears behind you!

Where’s all the inexpensive shit at? Is the recession over already? For B.O.C. sake throw me a fucking bone w00t!

My kids all have these, except they are running Windows XP. I upgraded them to 2GB of memory as well. The 6-cell batteries will really last around 6-hours. The cameras are very good for what they are and they are very quick with good WIFI connections…

Anybody got the 411 on Two Woot offs this week?

I see your edit and call your bluff.

I finally gave in and got this netbook. The 7 hour battery life is what convinced me, hopefully it isn’t too much of an exageration. Ubuntu should be easier on the batteries than Win7 in any case.

My only issue is that it doesn’t seem to have bluetooth, but one of those $2 bluetooth usb dongles should fix that, then between my nexus one with unlimited tethering over bluetooth and this laptop, I will truely have internet everywhere. yay! I get 800kbps via the N1, which is not too far off of my DSL speed at home. (yes, I have unusually slow DSL)

One of these is probably yours…

Not sure it ever ended. There was an expensive laptop up there for 24 hours. I think it just took that long to sell out.

I like sex and candy…did you get that one yet? I’m a girl, btw, and happily married. Just couldn’t resist.

Happy birthday, w00tgoddess!

How much RAM does this thing have?

That is not a given, you will have to try it out and see how the power mgmt works with Ubuntu.

BTW Why wouldn’t you buy a new one for $15 more at Amazon?

That is not the case. Listen to the wootcast.

No lights, no bar saying how many were left - and IIRC, the longest a woot-off item can last is 6 hours before they take it down anyways. No, they definitely took a day-long lunch break with the woot-off.

Yes it does have 1gb of single channel ram. But windows 7 (full version) suggests a minimum of 1gb to run the operating system. That does not include other programs that are set to run in the background in your startup menu. I was simply agreeing that 1gb of ram will not allow the processor to operate at its max capacity. Causing premature failure.

but the lights were gone yesturday, at least they were when I looked

In for a red one, some good review info here.

Did I miss the Roomba yet ?

It ended. Perhaps you might like to read up on w00t’s policies. Twelve hours is the max during a w00t-off before they switch to a new item (unless they changed it since the last time I read it). On the other hand, the newsletter hinted at some changes. Go to your account page and click the button that says you want to receive the newsletter. It’s very informative if you can read between the lines.