Gateway 10.1” Netbook with 250GB Hard Drive and 7 Hour Battery

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

Gateway 10.1" Netbook with 250GB Hard Drive and 7 Hour Battery
$199.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

Product List:

• 1 Gateway 10.1" Netbook 1.6Ghz, 1GB DDR2, 250GB, 802.11b/g, Webcam, 6 cell, Windows 7 Starter

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

Gateway is still around. Who knew. Apparently they are making netbooks too. Do these run Linux? How are they set for cow wallpaper?

Product Website

Red netbook

The black one appears to have a nicer touchpad with more space and buttons that go to the edge.

So this has more functionality than a netbook, but less-so than a laptop? I gotta admit, I’d be more tempted if the computer came in a “cow box”.

all the netbooks the’re offering now have to 6 cell. ugh. maybe i should’ve waited a month before jumping on my Asus

Also, the black one has a keyboard with larger keys.

What’s the difference between the two CPUs aside from the N450 has a slightly faster FSB?

Some Dude reviews it on You Tube

Well, both wallpapers shown look pretty trim to me, so I would guess a fat cow isn’t included.

Red reviews:

buzzillions

ZDnet

retrevo links

Black netbook:

Consumer Reports

a forum

Hold Your Breath

Why would anybody get the N270 model? The N450 is a newer architecture and faster clock speed.

http://ezinearticles.com/?Mini-Notebooks---Any-Difference-Between-N270-and-N450?&id=4362475

Anyone know if this can be upgraded to 2gb ram?

asus is the best at net books and 6 cell 7hour is nothing compared to the 10.5 hour asus

Does anyone know if you can upgrade the ram to 2gb?

I am not even going to try to post any links. Woot will not give me a quality post anyway.

I like how they feel the need to put certified in all caps
“Wireless Network: 802.11b/g Wi-Fi CERTIFIED”

Maybe it’s for emphasis, because there’s so many netbooks out there with rogue uncertified WiFi

Not much performance difference, better battery life from integration of components.