Gateway 10.1” Netbook with 250GB Hard Drive and 7 Hour Battery

Because… it’s… RED!!!

that keyboard looks awfully small. How enjoyable is typing on one of these?

That guy needs to learn about video quality and sizes. He claims that he can fit 200 “near-dvd quality” movies on that 250 GB hard drive. I beg to differ.

I think he’s also confused about what “resolution” means in terms of video quality.

Gateway? Netbook?.. is that a misprint?

it can be upgraded to 2gb of ram they only have one slot for ram so you will have to get a stick of 2 gb

also if you must by a gateway and must have it get the grey one it is better and i haven’t seen it fail vs the red one i have seen fail mb wise 2

Gateway is still around and owned by ACER

This one time, I was shopping for a netbook, and I was looking for one that had like, 2 GB of memory? And at that time it was impossible to find one? But then, I read a post on some website, that said you could buy an HP with one GB and crack the case to add a second gig and it would recognize it? So I did that and it was so funny, it worked!

no gateway is now owned by the crap-yest company in computers acer so that makes gateway even crappier than they used to be

I want to play Starcraft 2 on one of these. How do you guys and gals think it would run?

This was my first netbook. Ive had the black one for a few months now. It hasn’t given me any problems and is perfect for what I use it for (mainly surfing the web from the comfort of my couch). Everything seems very well put together and durable. The finish on the top looks really good but unfortunately attracts fingerprints fairly easily. The only thing I would(and will)change is upgrading from win7 starter to win7 basic. It doesn’t need it, but I think it would be a much more enjoyable and customizable experience. But with that comes the necessary (for win7 basic) and welcomed RAM upgrade. I would definitely recommend this to anyone that asks.

yes i know asus is good at them. and i dont need 10.5 hours. haha. i’m down with 6-7hr battery life. something to just get me through a days worth of school without needing to carry a charger around =/
i just need to buy a battery and upgrade to 2gb ram

i need to call the warranty people too…my keyboard isnt sticking down around the bottom left alt-space bar area

Can someone explain the construction guy for the first photo? Accidental placehold? Or is there an actual story?

(Mods can delete this if it is a mistake.)

Wouldn’t this be a better deal?

http://www.bidyell.co.uk/itemview.aspx?id=10413&descx=Acer+Aspire+One+532+Netbook+_Proto

Comparable specs, but an actual Acer.

These netbooks will be really interesting over the next few months. Windows 7 with the option to dual boot with OSs like Jolicloud , Chrome OS or Meego etc. … sweet deal.

He can if they are ripped, in the right format and compressed a little. He said near dvd not dvd and he can remove all extras and all that jazz on a dvd.

thats to get all the old people or less technical people to jump at it and think it must be good even though i have no idea what it is

Will this run Snow Leopard?

I couldn’t find it on OSX86 Project, but didn’t look very hard.

:::snare drum fart:::

200 movie trailers, maybe.

It appears that the black netbook has a slightly better processor, slightly better video chipset, and the added benefit of Wireless N. The red netbook has…well, it’s red.