Gateway 10.1” Netbook with 6 Cell Battery & Windows 7 Starter

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

Gateway 10.1" Netbook with 6 Cell Battery & Windows 7 Starter
$269.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

Product List:

• 1 Gateway LT2032u 1.6Ghz, 10.1" LCD, 1GB DDR2, 250GB, 802.11b/g, Webcam, 6 cell, Windows 7 Starter

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

how’s the sound quality of the built in speakers?

here’s the product website

About how long will the battery last?

At first I thought this was an amazing two for Tuesday deal, then I realized it wasn’t Tuesday… :frowning:

If there were two for that price I might consider it…what is a 6 cell battery?

Can I get some Bluetooth action up on this piece?

6 cell battery compared to a 3 cell battery. Longer lasting without charge. Usually 5-8 hours.

What is the picture quality of the webcam? Will I be covered with dead pixels?

Information on WINDOWS 7 STARTER, which is included.

COMPARE EDITIONS

From Wikipedia

The cost to upgrade to Windows 7 Home Premium is $79 dollars. It is built into the OS to upgrade - you don’t need to reinstall Windows. It’s called “Windows Anytime Upgrade

How long is the battery life? In terms of hours…

Beware! Windows 7 starter is very limiting. But with a little bit of searching you can get around a few of the problems.

What is a surprise birthday urinal cake? It sounds more yellow than chocolate! :wink:

Pretty good deal. Full 6 cell battery and windows 7. Looks good!

Any idea how the keyboard is? I have large hands and can’t type on my wife’s EeePC 9" netbook.

$281.95 on amazon
http://www.amazon.com/Gateway-LT2022u-10-1-Inch-Black-Netbook/dp/B002P3KMYY

A cell is like a normal battery(C, D size) and a laptop battery is made up of a few smaller cells(batteries). The more cells the longer the battery will last. Some netbooks ship with three cell batteries so the six cell is an upgrade. I would say it would last between 7-10 hours depending on the work load.

It’s $320 on Newegg.

I picked this up on Sellout Woot a few weeks ago and I am very impressed for the price. The almost full size keyboard is nice and the larger keys don’t make your hands feel cramped when typing. The battery life is very good. I have had it off the charger for the last several hours and just plugged it back in. Sound quality is loud enough for personal use and screen is bright, it does show every little smudge or finger print however. The scroll option on the side of the mouse pad is very handy and the pad is not as sensitive as the Acer. Overall great computer for the price.