Gateway 10.1” Netbook with 6 Cell Battery

yeap.
but specs wise, isn’t it same ??

even compaq is brand new and comes with one year warranty.
choice is yours.:smiley:

Maybe this will help your Gateway Refurbished warranty questions.

These are great for the bathroom.

Some correct product links as NightGhost’s link is for a different model. (nevermind, he fixed it, but here are both links anyway)

LT2108U Red

LT2106U Black

And these links should answer your question SpkrBox850. Both have the same card readers.

How to change the desktop wallpaper in Windows 7 starter

Look at the right profile pics on that woot posted on the main page

Well, I had the red one :slight_smile:

Well that is interesting, for sure. Perhaps the refurbed red one used for the pics has a broken cover? :smiley:

I must have been losing my mind then. I could have swore I clicked it and it took me to http://www.gateway.com/systems/product/529668473.php?glry=3&tab=desc instead. Maybe I clicked that elsewhere and got my Firefox tabs mixed up. My apologies.

How to change Windows 7 Starter to Windows 7 Home Premium, which I highly suggest.

NP - I’ve messed up my share - maybe you got that from my first “previous woot” link (now fixed).

these have win7 starter which is bleh

I bought the slightly more expensive one with the 250GB hard drive that has been on here before. I don’t have a single complaint about it. My battery gets about 6-7 hours. I shrank a bunch of my daughter’s DVDs into wmv files and it covered all the waking moments of our flight from Japan to California.

As for the refurbness, my computer has a few cosmetic scratches on the border around the screen. Everything works great though. According to people I Skype, the camera has good quality and enhances my rugged good looks. This is a good deal.

What is Windows 7 Starter Edition?

Intel Atom N450 at NotebookCheck

This is out of stock at some major sites, and $285.72 at Buy.com

I just gotta a feelin’ you’re gonna wanna upgrade the RAM to 2GB for the Gateway LT2106u.

The new units from the factory come with an inset card (a hard plastic piece shaped like a SD card)in the media card slot. Those cards are sometimes not in the refurbished units, usually because they are removed when the original owners remove the original inset card and then don’t re-insert it. It appears that the card reader on the red unit does not have the factory inset card in the slot for the photo, while the black unit has that inset card in the slot. I can confirm that both the red unit and the black unit have the exact same card reader slot.

Well I’m in for 1 of these Gateways. That should clear up any confusion about my opinion, ey? :slight_smile:

Well done - now you can kick back an’ lissen a likkle music.

I agree, but unfortunately higher education calls me and I’m moving the opposite direction…mid-eastward ho!