Gateway 11.6” Netbook

http://www.wooters.us/images/wooters-logo-tiny.png Woot Info Post
survive the desert, wooters.us

Gateway 11.6” Netbook [Refurbished] - $279.99 + $5 shipping shipping

1 * Gateway LT3103 11.6" Netbook 1.2GHz, 2GB DDR2, 250GB HDD, Vista Home Basic, 6 Cell Battery

This post is brought to you by Wooters.us, to help make sure pricing information on the product is available in the future. We are not run by nor affiliated with Woot.

http://www.gateway.com/systems/product/529668268.php

here’s the official site

Battery Life?

here’s the product website from gateway

going by the specs and price alone, it looks like a good buy

Not Bad. How long will the battery last with it full on, I wonder?

They were selling this at best buy for a while for 100 bucks more. Looks like a sweet netbook to me. Wish I could afford it.

No disc drive?

Does this have one of those extra large batteries that gives the back of the netbook an extra “lift”?

if I play Hulu videos will this have high def quality?

Netbooks dont have those. Bites, I know but that helps in battery life and compactness.

I had an Acer notebook with only a 1GB hard drive. It couldn’t update itself without running out of memory. Pathetic.

That being said, this is the computer I looked at afterward. I’ll be debating this one for a few hours…

If it wasn’t a single core AMD…

I bought one of these a few months back. Happy with it overall, but the wifi had some troubles. Here’s how I got it working in windows. No luck with wireless in Ubuntu 9.10 either, but everything else works fine.

Battery gets almost 4 hours with the screen turned down. Keyboard is full size, and is very easy to type on. Much better than the 10" netbooks I tried.

Runs Windows 7 like a champ, the 2 GB of ram is great.

Nope

Haven’t had any luck with it yet.

Run away, run away. this is not the adam processor.

Vista?..really???

Head-to-head comparison with the comparable Acer Netbook:

Is there a manual on/off switch for the built-in webcam?

its a six cell, expect between 4-6 hours of battery life… good buy

and yes the battery will give the little lift, sticks out a bit