Gateway AMD Phenom 9600 Quad Core Media Center with 1TB Hard Drive and Blu-ray

wasn’t there a PC with similar specs for $1000 during the wootoff?

Price comparator post ! - Is this a good deal ? Let’s see ! :slight_smile:

Refurbished Gateway AMD Phenom 9600 Quad Core Media Center with 1TB Hard Drive and Blu-ray, for $649.99 + $5 shipping
Product: 1x Gateway GM5664 Desktop Computer Phenom 9600 Quad Core, 1TB HDD, 3GB RAM, Blu-ray, Vista Home Premium

What do you want to do ?[list][]Access the price comparator for Gateway AMD Phenom 9600 Quad Core Media Center with 1TB Hard Drive and Blu-ray
[
]Lookup at Froogle, Amazon and eBay in one click[/list]http://lucy.cykian.net/wts/pic0.pnghttp://lucy.cykian.net/wts/pic1.png

Not a bid gateway guy, but there isn’t a bad deal… Only real downside is the video card brings it down. It would be nice to have 512 MB but overall well worth it if you’re in the market for a new system.

What’s in the box besides the CPU? e.g keyboard, optical mouse, or . . . nothing?

eh… if it wasn’t a Gateway, i’d buy it

I do not have enough money for this. I guess I will have to stick to buying shirt.woots. =D

http://www.amazon.com/Gateway-GM5664-Desktop-PC/dp/B0011TYC26/ref=pd_bbs_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1214456688&sr=8-1
… Only one review on Amazon, but the person only gave it 1 star.

Great deal this will go good with my 8800 gt just bought

nobody has bought one yet…cant say that i blame them since gateway is now acer…i have bought gateway and regreted it…for anyone to say this is a good deal, i want to know, compared to what?

Impressive specs, too bad you can’t get one that is not already preloaded with junk software.

get over your love for Gateway WOOT!

lets see some Alienware or Dell please

Crank that Crysis fo sho!
kekekekeke ^.^

DVI to HDMI dongle? Can’t do audio & video over one cable to the HDTV for that Blu-Ray?

For the price though, buying a video card would still make it an inexpensive system.

I like Gateway Desktops, mine has lasted 5 years now and I really didn’t have any problems.

Seems like a good deal. Don’t know about the AMD, though. I prefer Intels. Just my opinion, though.

what do people have against gateway? are their products sub-par?

Oh well. THis computer looks pretty good to me, it’s cheap and a heck of a lot better than the one I own (with 15 GB hard drive) But it’s not really for me. I don’t need 1000 gb. I don’t need a blu-ray player. It’s a pretty good deal for those people looking for a computer with those aspects. Just remember to upgrade the video card sometime.

It is a pretty good deal for a media center pc. it has a hdmi adapter to connect to your tv and surround sound. you can probably get a hi def resolution out of the video card

Buy it, format it, install only what you want. You have to do that with all of the pre-builts anyway.

Even if they use a “recovery disc” for reinstalls that tries to put a bunch of crap up, any copy of the OS disc should work (not sure about Vista) since the system comes with a key.

56K ITU V.92 ready Fax/Modem with RJ-11 ports

Score! :smiley: