Gateway Athlon Dual Core 15.6” Notebook

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

Gateway Athlon Dual Core 15.6" Notebook
$429.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

Product List:

• 1 Gateway NV5378u Athlon II X2 2Ghz 4GB DDR2 500GB SATA 15.6" LCD DVD Dual Layer Burner Win7 Home Prem

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

[Froogle](Gateway - Google Shopping Athlon Dual Core 15.6” Notebook)

Only thing better than a Gateway is a refurb Gateway.

Would this run slightly older games?

here’s gateway’s product website (that is now loading)

this is NOT a GAMER laptop!

editeddd

Refurb, DDR2, AMD…this isn’t a very good deal on a laptop. There are brand new ones with 4gb DDR3 and Core i3s out there for $500.

Just bought a similar Gateway the NV73 refurbed. I have to warn that the Radeon 4200 is not much better than on-board graphics. Windows 7 gives the card a rating of 5.2 (out of 7.9) for 3d graphics. It will play basic games but don’t expect anything great.

I wouldn’t pay 200 for it because it will magically become a door stop in 4-6 months.

Gateways are trash, refurbed Gateways (being there was something already defective in these the first go around) are stuff that the trash throws away.

How appropriate - a picture of a broken heart (on the laptop’s screen) to end the single-day-no-BOC-no-moneky-Woot-Off!

Agreed. Good thing this is not that.

Boxes of Cats are not always guaranteed, folks. This is the second WootOff I’ve seen without one. It happens. Deal.

Thanks for another interesting time, Woot. :slight_smile:

ETA: That desktop wallpaper on the laptop is really quite nice. I like it a lot. :slight_smile:

Boo censorship!!! You will never hold us down! Rally for the BoC!
Anyway, for all intensive purposes this netbook could be in the woot off. I doubt enough would’ve sold to get it moving before 24 hrs anyway. The reviews don’t look terribly favorable.

Has anyone noticed the description?? Woot calling out some sad soul in twitter land! hahaha… classic.

Posted just as you wrote this. Yes it should, don’t expect it to play the latest games but Windows 7 gives a rating of 5.2 out of 7.9 for 3d graphics. I believe this will play the Sims but I haven’t tested it out.

Gateways are owned by Acer, and they make decent laptops. The internals for all laptops are made by the same vendors in China anyway. This one doesn’t have very good specs, and it’s a refurb.

stuff like gmod, css, tf2; yeah it can run them playibly

It looks as if it could run games at least 2005 and back.