Gateway Profile 5 P4 2.6Ghz With 17" LCD

[quote user=“Binaural”][quote user=“anddreus”]RECEIVED THE COMPUTER TODAY
IT IS REFURBISHED!!!
WOOT SHOULD HAVE MENTIONED THAT ON THE DESCRIPTION.[/quote]

Are you really surprised? First, it’s woot, and second, look at the price. If you don’t want it, quote a price, with shipping, let’s see if I’m interested.[/quote]
Well, they sell new items too.
Now I know that when the word “NEW” isn’t mentioned, it means “REFURBISHED”.
I guess CDRW means CD ROM to Woot. Cause mine has something there that is NOT a CD writer.
I hope Woot replies to this message and explains how my CDRW became a Standard CD-ROM drive during the delivery.

Are you really surprised? First, it’s woot, and second, look at the price. If you don’t want it, quote a price, with shipping, let’s see if I’m interested.[/quote]
Well, they sell new items too. Now I know that when the word “NEW” isn’t mentioned, it means “REFURBISHED”. I guess CDRW means CD ROM to Woot. Cause mine has something there that is NOT a CD writer.I hope Woot replies to this message and explains how my CDRW became a Standard CD-ROM drive during the delivery.[/quote]

I know you’ve posted in every thread tonight but if you send an email to service@woot.com they’ll take care of you alot faster.

[quote user=“BigD”][quote user=“anddreus”][quote user=“Binaural”][quote user=“anddreus”]RECEIVED THE COMPUTER TODAY IT IS REFURBISHED!!!WOOT SHOULD HAVE MENTIONED THAT ON THE DESCRIPTION.[/quote]Are you really surprised? First, it’s woot, and second, look at the price. If you don’t want it, quote a price, with shipping, let’s see if I’m interested.[/quote]Well, they sell new items too. Now I know that when the word “NEW” isn’t mentioned, it means “REFURBISHED”. I guess CDRW means CD ROM to Woot. Cause mine has something there that is NOT a CD writer.I hope Woot replies to this message and explains how my CDRW became a Standard CD-ROM drive during the delivery.[/quote]I know you’ve posted in every thread tonight but if you send an email to service@woot.com they’ll take care of you alot faster.[/quote]Ok BigD, I hope I get a prompt answer from the service department.
Thanks

[quote user=“anddreus”][quote user=“BigD”][quote user=“anddreus”][quote user=“Binaural”][quote user=“anddreus”]RECEIVED THE COMPUTER TODAY IT IS REFURBISHED!!!WOOT SHOULD HAVE MENTIONED THAT ON THE DESCRIPTION.[/quote]Are you really surprised? First, it’s woot, and second, look at the price. If you don’t want it, quote a price, with shipping, let’s see if I’m interested.[/quote]Well, they sell new items too. Now I know that when the word “NEW” isn’t mentioned, it means “REFURBISHED”. I guess CDRW means CD ROM to Woot. Cause mine has something there that is NOT a CD writer.I hope Woot replies to this message and explains how my CDRW became a Standard CD-ROM drive during the delivery.[/quote]I know you’ve posted in every thread tonight but if you send an email to service@woot.com they’ll take care of you alot faster.[/quote]Ok BigD, I hope I get a prompt answer from the service department.Thanks[/quote]BigD:
I did what you told me and still waiting for a reply. :frowning:
How long does the service department take to respond?
Should I send multiple emails?
Please advise.

Sending multiple emails will only mean more emails for them to sort through. I’d give them a week and then email again if you haven’t heard from them.

This thing has Intel graphics, not nVidia graphics as specified. I bought it as a low-end gaming unit needing nVidia graphics chipset. Anyone get one with proper video?

I think those of us lucky ones to snag one of these gems all got screwed! I didn’t expect new stock, so the refurbished was fine. Honestly, I’ve had excellent luck with refurbished PCs as they have the burn-in time that fresh ones don’t get. Not a biggie there. However about that CD-RW drive that’s just a CD-ROM drive. I am not happy!!! Being a laptop drive, upgrading isn’t like going to the local store and snagging the latest deal on a DVD burner and calling it a fair upgrade. I’ve bought a lot of Woot! items, this is the first one I got burned on.

why would you want this? It isn’t a Mac :slight_smile:

Today’s item quantity: 10<br>Last Order time: 07:23:36 PM CDT<br>Woot Member to blame: thekidrocks<br>Order Pace: 0m 15.60s<br>Woot Wage: $115382.31 an hour.

http://image.woot.com/images/gatewayprofile5.jpg

Gateway Profile 5 P4 2.6Ghz With 17" LCD
Whatcha got there, Slim?
$499.99 + $5 Shipping and Handling
This space-saving - all-in-one-piece Gateway Profile 5 system is powered by an Intel Pentium 4 2.6 GHz processor and 256MB of RAM. Microsoft Windows XP is pre-installed on the 80 GB hard drive. Access media and back-up data with the included CDRW drive. The attached 17" TFT LCD flat panel monitor can pivot up and down making it easily customizable to your work space! This sleek desktop - with its all-in-one design packs a lot of punch and doesn’t take up much space.

General Features:

* Microsoft Windows XP pre-installed
* Intel Pentium 4 2.6 GHz processor
* 256MB RAM
* 80 GB hard drive
* CDRW
* 1.44 MB floppy drive
* NVidia graphics
* Integrated audio w/built-in speakers
* 17 TFT LCD Display / 1280x1024 resolution
* Pivoting Flat Panel Monitor (Up and Down)
* Keyboard
* Mouse

I/O Ports:

* Six (6) USB 2.0 ports (2 Side - 4 Rear)
* One (1) 15-pin VGA in port
* One (1) 15-pin VGA out port
* One (1) RJ-45 ethernet jack
* Two (2) PS/2 ports
* One (1) 9-pin Serial port
* One (1) Parallel port
* Two (2) IEEE 1394 FireWire ports (1 4-pin - 1 6-pin on side)
* Line in - Line out - Microphone in jacks on Rear
* Headphone in and Microphone in jacks on Front

w00t AWESOME COMPUTER AWESOME PRICE!!!

Took a break from the woot-off for dinner and totally missed this. Anyone buy an “extra” one (or two) that they’re going to unload on eBay? I’d totally pay a (small) premium for this item. It would make a great graduation present for my little sister and an awesome birthday present for my little brother.

finally got one…

Wooosshhhh…that was fast. While I considered whether or not I could use it…it was gone… :cry:

Got one!
Does it have any warranty?

[size=18:1437d7bd46]Thanks The Tim!!! :smiley: [/size:1437d7bd46]

-billflu.com

Would have been nice to have gotten one of these…

http://www.whatsyourdeal.com … Great deals, coupon codes and Freebies.

I hit refresh and this wasn’t up. 10 seconds later I hit refresh and this was sold out.

Which is precisely why someone would want it

hopefully more of these to come? maybe in time for fathers’ day, please woot please