Gazzi Estate Vineyards Sonoma 2008 Pinot Noir - 5 Pack

Don’t forget, today is Talk Like a Pirate Day!!

http://bestsmileys.com/pirate/1.gif

And if you are on Facebook, you can change your language to English (Pirate)!

Arrr! Blabber t’ yer mates!

http://bestsmileys.com/pirate/2.gif

End

I’d love to hear from Mr. Harvey how the 2008 compares to the 2007 :wink:

Loved the 2007. Wish I had bought 2 offerings after tasting the first bottle. I’m wondering the same about the 2008. I will be texting friends this morning to tell them to jump on buying this.

Do we have confirmation that Scott was the winemaker on the 2008, as he was on the other vintages we saw here? It may be the fault of the tiny letters on my tiny screen, but I didn’t see it.

Really liked the 2006 and 2007. The added syrah gives the pinot an interesting little kick and twist. Being in Fla, I’m also not thrilled about the summer shipping being over, as summer here doesn’t really end until October (sometimes January).

Arrrr Matey… Does I wants to spends me hard earned gold coins on this offer???

Yes! I’ve finally been here long enough to see repeats from wineries I liked.

I thought the 2007 was very good and everyone else who tried it liked it too. I had to hide a bottle just so it all didn’t get wiped out.

Now the question is, should I go in for one or two?

I am in NC and purchased the June offering of the 2007 Gazzi. Hopefully this is just a correctable error and NC will be added to the list. Soon.

As usual, great to be back on woot with this 2008 Gazzi Pinot Noir. My notes show the 2008 to be riper than the 2007, blueberry jam, Syrah like, red fruits, softer center with more tannin on the finish. I’m headed off to harvest Rutherford bench Riesling from the McGill Vineyard this morning. I’ll take along my computer and try to get on the thread throughout the day.

It should get added.

There isn’t much of this and I expect it all to go on this offering

The 07 was one of my first woot community pressure buys, and I wish I’d bought more. This 08 will be the start of my first woot vert, in for 2.

Aggrrrr! Aye spent all me gold coins on 10 of these wonderful treasures!!! Me hopes they don’t cook on the way to my treasure chest in FL!!! agrrrr!

Hey Scott. Thanks for steering Gazzi to wine.woot for their liquidation needs! We’re here to help.

By “riper than the 2007”, does that mean you expect it to mature sooner than the 2007? Our cellartracker consensus for the 2007 seems to be 2017. But you also said “more tannin on the finish”; which seems to hint at more age-worthiness. (I’ve just gotten into this recently; still working on my lingo.)

Is it even more “Syrah like” than the 2007 you think? Similar amount of Syrah added? So, more similar in style to the 2007 than to the 2006, right?

Thanks. You da man!

I’ve purchased the 06 and 07s heavily in the past. If I didn’t still have a ton of 07s I’d be in for this. It’s a great wine to have around.

For me, the syrah in the 2007 (sounds like the 2008 is similar) is very noticable and I don’t really have this classified as a “pinot noir” in my head. Instead this is normally the dialog in my mind before opening one of these…“Hrm, what to pair with this meal? A pinot noir is a little light, but I don’t really want something really heavy…and it’s a week day so I don’t want something really expensive…OH, Gazzi Pinot Blend!!”

But, to be fair, I got started on Willamette pinots really early on…so a lot of California pinots don’t really match my preferred style for a pinot. Nevertheless, I’m really glad to have these around and enjoy them!

Aye wish Aye had more of the 2007 loot also!!

I believe some of us received the '08 from the June offering (at least I did). Woot telling us the winery mis shipped and gave a 5$ credit.

glad they did mis ship. it was (is) very good - especially at that price.

in for 2.

A joke for Pirate Day

A pirate walks into a bar with a steering wheel hanging over his crotch.
The bartender asks “Isn’t that thing annoying?”
The pirate replies “Argh - it’s driving me nuts!”

Do tell! Similar QPR to the 2007? Similar style? Any idea whether it will mature more quickly or later?

Can the winemaker address the fires/smoke issue from '08 and how that impacted the vineyard/this wine? Any smoke taint in the grapes, or smokiness in your tasting notes?

Thanks much!