PRODUCT:
5 2007 Gazzi Pinot Noir, Estate Vineyard Sonoma Coast
CT link above

Winery website

Facebook

Previous offer:
3/29/11

Oh man I can’t wait for some rats, I’m itching for some good Pinot Noir

All racks are currently full. Will watch this one from the sidelines while eating vanilla ice cream with primo basalmic.

Oak love this long time… how much was new?

i’ve been holding my breath… waiting for some nice light wines! the cabs, zins and blends in my wine collection are so heavy i’m afraid they’ll break the wine rack! should i keep waiting? someone please tell me how delicious gazzi estate is :slight_smile:

the previous offer link seems to be rerouting me back to this one? or am i crazy?

Scott Harvey made this for Gazzi Estate Vineyards. Prior offering on wine.woot was excellent which included this 2007 Pinot Noir offering. Highly recommend especially at this price!

It doesn’t look like it’s mentioned in the description, but Scott Harvey is the winemaker on this one.

this is true. crazy? how many times did you click trying to see the previous offer? that would be the judge of how crazy you might/might not be…

Yeah, I noticed that as well on the website, but it was referring to the 2005 vintage which has a suggested price of $36 btw…

Are we sure he was the winemaker on the 2007 as well?

Pretty sure he claims as much in the prior offer thread. I’ll look back through it.

Until it’s fixed, Google seems to indicate the previous offer as below…

Daily deal for Tuesday, March 29.

From wine.woot:

Includes

4 2006 Gazzi Chardonnay, Estate Vineyard Sonoma Coast
4 2006 Gazzi Pinot Noir, Estate Vineyard Sonoma Coast
4 2007 Gazzi Pinot Noir, Estate Vineyard Sonoma Coast

2006 Gazzi Chardonnay, Estate Vineyard Sonoma Coast

• Blend: 100% Sonoma Coast Chardonnay, Gazzi Estate Vineyard
  • Alcohol: 13.5%
  • pH: 3.46
  • Aged in French Oak
  • 289 cases produced
  • Silver Medal winner at the Long Beach Grand Cru 2008 International Wine Competition

2006 Gazzi Pinot Noir, Estate Vineyard Sonoma Coast

• Blend: 100% Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir, Gazzi Estate Vineyard
  • Alcohol: 14.5%
  • pH: 3.56
  • Aged in French Oak for 24 months
  • 333 cases produced
  • 2010 West Coast Wine Competition Bronze Medal
  • 2010 Long Beach Grand Cru Bronze Medal

2007 Gazzi Pinot Noir, Estate Vineyard Sonoma Coast

• Blend: 84% Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir, 16% Syrah, Gazzi Estate Vineyard
  • Alcohol: 14.5%
  • pH: 3.59
  • Aged in French Oak for 24 months
  • 544 cases produced
  • Tasting Notes: Cedar, fig, floral with medium French oak; rich, cherry finish

$99.99 + $5 shipping

Looks to me like the same '07 Pinot as in the mixed case back at the end of March. At about $12/bottle shipped, it’s an overachiever - most pinot at that price point is plonk. I think it could probably use some cellar time, or at least aerating and/or decanting to hit it’s peak, but that’s a matter of opinion.

Just had a bottle of the 2006 last week, and although the vintage is different, the wine was excellent. It was near perfectly balanced for my palate, and kept improving in the bottle after opening. My note says, “plenty of fruit without being a bomb, and nice layers of oak and earth to round it out.”

For $8 form the first offering it was a steal. For the $12/bottle price for this offering, it’s also a great buy. Especially if the 2007 is as good or better than the 2006.

Here’s a note from SH about the 2007 in the previous offer thread:

Dang! Just when I had decided to buy, I’m hit with the old “no North Carolina shipping” technicality. We don’t get buzzkilled often, can the Gazzis confirm that NC shipping is indeed a no-go?

(Lab Rat Report)

This is an interesting wine. When I first poured it, it was very bright, very peppery, maybe a tad acidic. Not your regular Pinot Noir. In fact, I wasn’t crazy about the first taste. But it softens considerably after an hour or so, and settles into a very smooth drink. My wife and I debated how much plum we detected – and maybe a hint of leather – but the cherry starts to assert itself once it opens up. Cherry and oak and a little anise, I think…

I have the feeling this could sit in the bottle for another year. Is that unusual for a Pinot? And it seemed to me that it would go well with a BLT. (My wife rolled her eyes at that one and accused me of going all City Slickers on her.)

You definitely want to give this one plenty of time to breathe. (Forget about the Vinturi; we tried that. It needs to sit in a glass, or maybe a carafe.) It keeps getting better and better, and I could swear there’s something new to taste each time. See? Chocolate that time. And fig. And yeah, I’d pull the trigger.

Edit: I should have mentioned that I was a lab rat… And I stayed up an extra hour just to see how many more flavors would emerge. All in all, it was a fun bottle, and I wound up pulling the trigger. But let me reinforce this: Give the wine time to breathe!

I see what you did there…

Were you a lab rat?

It seems this happened on the previous March Gazzi deal as well, then Scott chimed in that they could ship to NC (anything but InZinerator) - I also seem to recall he said the same thing during the Jana deal Tuesday which I did get to participate in.

Guess I’ll go to sleep and check back around lunchtime to check on the shipping status (crossing fingers).