GE 1.2 cu. ft. Double Grill Microwave With Rotisserie

tough and chewy on the outside, yet pink and squishy inside.
mmmmmmmmm… salmonella anyone?

I have like 12 microwaves, and i prefer to cook on the barbie or in the oven.

So THAT’S how the ACME company makes all the rubber chickens! I’ve always wondered.

Thanks Woot!

I’d rather not die a humiliating death by refurbished microwave, thanks.

Now if this was a convection oven/microwave oven combo - we’d have something here. Such units do exist and are nice.

My concern is cleaning this beast after you’ve roasted something. If you don’t get it spotlessly clean, you’ll nuke the mess into a mega-mess.

I still couldn’t trust a microwave over a grill either.

Amazon refurb 119.00 free shipping

It seems like it would be very messy to clean up every time you used the thing to broil or roast something…I can just see chicken fat dripping out of the bottom alll over the place. It does look nice on the outside, however.

Here’s a link to the PDF Instruction Manual.

sounds like a convection microwave… I had one that only lasted a few months, hence the overstock of refurbs. I believe the heat generated from cooking and the steams/oils mess up the microwave circuitry causing them to fail pretty quickly. Not to mention anyone trying to cook a chicken in this tiny little box would deal with grease everywhere. a rotisserie is much better left to a barbeque.

Woot, it’s after midnight on a Saturday, half the people up are drunk and have one question you failed to answer in the description. How big of a pizza can you stuff into this?

Mmmm 2gb ddr memory, now that sounds like something’s cookin’… How about some more computer parts? No more GPS devices (though what was intruiging…) or REFURBISHED MICROWAVES… that’s like saying here’s your new copy of windows, even though it’s been installed on someone elses computer… [sigh] will wait patiently for tomorow… night wooters, and to those who get their refurbished microwave rotisserie open flamed bluetooth complete with chicken and thanksgiving turkey’s, dont rotisserie your green beans, it never works out!

Would consider it if it were new…but agree with the other posters that a refurbed microwave is, in their words, “gross”… the idea of someone else’s previously-used microwave in my kitchen is an unappetizing thought.

I thought Woot had seen the light that refurbs turned off a large segment of Wooters altogether.

And, btw, new copywriter tonight? Description doesn’t seem up to the usual standards.

Wow, I haven’t seen an FP post is quite some time, and I am very impressed with how quickly Woot! reacted.

I have a friend who several years back ordered a combo Conventional, Convection, and Microwave Oven (giant, household type oven). It was supposed to use the mixture of all cooking methods to cook anything in about 1/3 the time of a normal oven, but without the negative effects of a microwave oven. Sadly, last I heard from them (about 4 months after the original delivery date had been set at) they still were waiting on it, so I never go to see it in action. I can’t imagine how this works; I would think the heating elements would cause problems with the internal workings of the microwave, so this must be heavy duty. Not a bad price for something of newer technology. This could actually be a very nice items to have in the kitchen. . . too bad I don’t need a microwave right now, and have no room for a second (and would prefer not to have to spend the money to the replace the first if I can avoid it.)

2 problems with this product, its refurbished and it GE. Nuff said.

This has a Start/Pause button, but no rewind? No thanks.

hmmm … microwave oven. I guess this could be used to boil water to do that “boiling water” trick on Logitech “always cracking” bluetooth headphones. Happy wooting !!!

Just out of curiosity, why is a refurbished microwave so gross to some people? Does the thought of someone else touching the buttons disgust you? Are you worried that they might microwave something that you don’t like in it? Do you ever use a “community” microwave at work, school, etc? Do you eat stuff from other peoples microwaves at parties/family gatherings?

I’m not surprised to see that there are negative reactions to a refurbished, but the fact that most people cite “grossness” as a reason seems really really weird to me.

I have had a micro - convection / standard oven combination by Sanyo before and that was awesome. Not really sure how this one works but I need another micro and would consider it …

B U T*

can’t seem to bring myself to buy anything refurbed from Woot until I see how they handle the inoperative / broken refurbished Vector / Black and Decker jump starter that I am currently stuck with.

I wrote to Woot on their regular email the day after I got it (had tried to unsuccessfully to charge it for a day…won’t take a charge and the lights are broken…and other things) and no reply yet…also asked for one of those RMA 's(whatever that is) today. I went to the Vector jump starter blog and read some of the posts of the other folks who received inoperative jump starters as well… a lot people in the same boat !!! Guess the test will be Monday…hopefully Woot will resolve the situation and restore my faith. Won’t be able to get this Micro by then ,but need to see what happens first…there will be others I am sure…here or elsewhere.