GE 30, 50 or 70-Pint Dehumidifier

GE 30, 50 or 70-Pint Dehumidifier

Maybe it’s not really a good idea to dehumidify the air these days?

“… the virus absorbs some of the humidity from the air and swells and may fall to the ground within two or three feet, so people are not as contagious in more humid conditions…”

“Dry air is a key factor that impairs a person’s ability to fight off respiratory viral infections,” says Akiko Iwasaki, an immunobiology professor at the Yale School of Medicine …”

1 Like

GE 70 pint is cheaper on Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/GE-High-Tech-Dehumidifier-Digital-Display/dp/B085ZBVY8R/ref=sr_1_37?dchild=1&keywords=dehumidifier+70&qid=1589555805&sr=8-37

Very similar model. What the heck.

PRICE DROP on the 70-pint model

Small Print: If you already purchased, that money will hop back into your pockets soonish.

Hmmm, now i have to think about it with the price drop. I really only need one as a spare for when one of my others breaks down. And these new dehumidifiers never last as long as they used to.

You must live a charmed life without a stanky moldy basement.

1 Like

This is a great deal. I have had one of the 70 Pints for several years and it works great.

Thanks! The 70-pint one that the previous owner left when I bought this house in 2012 died last fall. Need a new one for the humid summer or my basement will be funky!

Buy new and get the stores warranty for easy swapping or refund. Usually only $10-$20 for 2-3 years and these things always dies in a year or two if used consistently.

50 pint toshiba, energy star at home depot for $150 + $17 for 2 year plan. Since it’s energy star, your energy provider might have a rebate on top! Comed (midwest electric) has a $50 rebate making out of pocket $117.

1 Like