GE 5.8GHz Dual Handset Cordless Expandable Phone

If it only had an answer machine. Good woot for the price. Cheapest I found on Froogle with both sets is $83.

eeek. I have a cell phone. Where is all the iPod stuff?!?! LOL

I have these and they work great. Nice Woot. Mark don’t go to Reuters.

Given my company’s desire to change my home office to vonage, and the limitations that go with that, I may get this one.

Trust me when I say, clients get annoyed when all they ever get is you on a cell. Any reception problems are multiplied and, frankly, they want to see that you have both a land line and a cell line on that business card.

Need to think, sleep, drink…whatever.

http://www.scarypersonals.com/images/badge2.bmp

This works great with VOIP atleast vonage. Had to get more to expand cause we are lazy to cary a phone =)

Damn you woot. Cut another CC cause of these deals.

Well worth it!!

Looks good, but from GE, thought they made refrigerators and Ovens. However a 5.8 Ghz Freq Hopping phone might work.

Nite Nite Woot

5.8 Ghz phones is great for those of us with wireless connections. No more dropped bits all over the floor. :slight_smile:

Not bad… I wish I’d waited for Woot!

I needed new phones for the house and after Woot!s last cordless sale, I went out and dropped $120 on a three handset Panasonic phone. I didn’t buy from Woot! because it was only 2.8 GHz and I figured it would be a year or two before they had the 5.8’s.

I was wrong… Woot! never fails. This looks like a nice price too.

Phones??? eh… they look cheap with there non-color lcd screen…psh…what are they thinking…

-Grant

You do get both phones, right?

the reviews on this model aren’t too hot. be sure about this phone before you buy it!

Does anyone know if it has a mute button on it? That’s a deal-breaker for me. I do need a 5.8Ghz phone but not sure these are them for this much $$$.

Gotta have mute, critical for conference calls…

Thanks,
A

Do people stil use land lines…yes!! Though why no answering machine!!!

chrispy you’re not first, haha!

wtf, why is everyone bashing landlines? do you live in 2050?

i live in 2006, where DSL with ATT is $18.50 a month for 1.5Mb INCLUDING a measured land line.

HL2 Epsiode One being too short? Preach it! I was saddened by the cliffhanger ending… but my god, does the preview look good.

Anyhow, this is a pretty good item. The default ringer on the machine is pretty annoying, but it - thankfully - can be turned off with the flip of a switch. I really can’t think of anything significant to say about this. It’s just a plain, vanilla-themed phone.

anyone have an opinion on the sponsor woot?

Just got one because I’m tired of going into the kitchen every time someone calls.

I’m starting to sense a theme to these comments… hmmmmmm?

It’s not that bad if youre looking for a TV, I like it. But for $50 more I got an HD-ready 17 inch LCD TV. But I like this one, if I didnt just buy one I might get it.

Those arent the same model, are open box and are single handsets.