GE 7" Photo Frame with DECT 6.0 Cordless Phone

No, there’s no mention of a connector in the manual.

When I went to buy, a PayPal page came up and tried to convince me to use PayPal, when I clicked cancel, I had to choose the quantity (2 of them) and re-enter my cvv, and PayPal page came up again.

Did anyone else get the annoying diverted page or was it something that I may have somehow triggered?

Can I detach the phone and just keep the photo frame?

I’m in for 3, can give them as gifts. My non geek friends will think they got something worth over $100!
Only downer, I don’t think it has a built in speaker phone…

I bought one of these, perhaps during the last woot-off, and I set it up for my parents.

We were having issues with our old wireless phone interfering with WiFi and vise versa but NO WIFI interference with this phone.

We don’t have caller ID service to the house so that feature is not useful, but it makes an elegant Digital Photo frame and Phone combo.

Definitely happy with my purchase.

Oh, and no Headset connection at all.

BOUGHT THREE, CHRISTMAS IS COMMING

Bought three myself too. Great as gifts and also good to resale for $50+.

Too bad you can’t purchase more than 3 or else I would definitely pick up six of these.

I wonder… Does the average wooter even have home phone service? I know I don’t. Google Voice + Cell Phone + Skype is more than enough connectivity for me.

If you have home phone service, it looks like a neat buy at a good price, though.

Nope

do you need caller id service for specific pics to come up when phone rings?

thanks

I got one of these for my Mom and she loves it.

She had a stand alone picture frame but never used it.

Even tho we havent had time to load pics on it yet… it can display the time full screen so its an awesome clock haha

Unfortunately yes, you kinda do.

Outgoing calls can show up with the picture but incoming calls do not unless you have Caller ID

for example, if i put my cell phone number in the phones address book and assign a picture, if someone calls me from the phone it will show up, but if I call the home phone it will just show up as incoming call since we dont have caller ID

awesome full screen clock tho!

Nope, but Mommie dearest does… most people still have one for 911… esp if they have little kids

I have this phone. I had no need for a phone until recently - it was a great photo frame, then I picked up one of them MagicJacks, plugged it in, and dang if it didn’t work just dandy with it.

But yeah, the ringer is the only ugly thing on the whole phone. I picked up a line ringer at the dollar store, which means I can actually hear the phone ring now. I plan on picking up some extra handsets in the near future.

Sound quality is great, battery life has survived several multi-hour calls. It has an intercom function between handsets (if you buy accessory ones), but not to the base station. No speaker phone function.

Honestly, it is one of the best wireless phones I’ve ever purchased. I live in a very high intensity location for radio signals (had to spend a few days trying to find a clear frequency for my wireless lan, it’s that busy…) but this has been absolutely solid.

Oh, and I love how GoogleVoice forwards on the CID to MagicJack which forwards it to the phone - a match made in heaven - well, aside from the audio delays from too many conversions when I talk to someone on a cell. :slight_smile:

Ok… so if you buy three, can you take the second two handsets and use them as additional to the first one just like you would any other additional handset? I know you wouldn’t be able to use all three bases on different lines with all three phone, just one base with the three handsets. Then just use the other bases as digital frames with no phone line running to them.

Make a second account. :slight_smile:

I need to put this in a dark room. Can this be setup where the screen or other light emitted only comes on when the phone rings?

I bought two of these GE photo phones at Office Depot a month ago for $9.99 each on clearance. I Gave one away as a birthday gift and it had issues charging. I bought a new battery and it still didn’t charge. I called customer support and after decoding their broken english I was told that they would replace the photo phone. I have to ship it to Arkansas (at my expense). Once they receive the phone they will send us another. The other phone works great, so far…

it’s $30, who cares

Can this be added to an existing Uniden DECT 6.0 system?

Thanks!