GE Profile Opal 2.0 Countertop Nugget Ice Maker w/ Wi-Fi

GE Profile Opal 2.0 Countertop Nugget Ice Maker w/ Wi-Fi

1 Like

I bought the first generation Opal when it was sold on Indiegogo. Received it about 5 yrs ago. I am still using it. It makes great Sonic/nugget ice.

3 Likes

I’m an ice chewer, and at 50 (Sept) I’m nervous about cracking a tooth. I’m done that on ice before, down 2 teeth because of it. Wish it wasn’t still well over $500, maybe I’ll win the lottery. Wish list for sure. Or birthday presents accepted. Hint hint. lol

3 Likes

I bought this direct from GE in January. Been great so far. Makes nice soft chewable ice. I consider the side tank a necessity, so it’s good this comes with it.

They just released (announced?) a new version that dispenses ice directly, rather than requiring you to scoop it out by hand. That would be nice, but not nice enough for me to pay another $600+ to replace mine.

2 Likes

Currently $519 at Costco but this is usually the lowest it gets. This machine makes “the good ice” and they don’t even feel like explainng that because you know what they mean.

3 Likes

500 is cheaper than a new tooth and way more enjoyable to spend it this way….

4 Likes

This is a great ice machine! Pricey, but love it and with 100+ degree weather, love it more. Sister has version 1, then I bought this one as did my sister-in-law after seeing hers. Have ice maker on refrigerator, but use this more. Love it!

We have the first gen and have to warn you it’s very sensitive to hard water. Our second warranty replacement was new, not refurbished, and is already struggling after two days in operation. Great ice though

For $500 more you can buy another refrigerator

1 Like

Nugtastic

Ten bucks cheaper on Costco website…