Gear Pro 720p or 1080p Sport Action Cam

A good sign you should not buy this is no where in the box this comes in or the instruction book does it have contact info, no email, website or phone number. It took woot a week to get back to me with it…the company I called was not much help.

You may be better off with the Monoprice MHD Action Camera featured on DealsWoot today.

First warning sign: brand name clearly rips off the brand name of the original market-maker, GoPro.

They walk right up to legal line and back away just enough to give the activist judges an excuse to dismiss.

@1080p, 60fps … what is the real batt life on these things? Yes I know 60 is a lot, so what about 30 fps? I need one of these since my Contour has been orphaned.

The $39 price tag should be the first clue. GoPro starts at a buck-fifty.

I bought the 720 one last time it was on sale here on woot. I used it as a dashboard cam for a while. It worked great for day, and even dusk and dawn. It doesn’t do good when it’s actually dark out. Just a few weeks ago it crapped out. It doesn’t record a good image anymore. It’s dropped down to low definition. If that.

@JackLove, there appears to be some confusion. “fps” in this context might not be “frames per second”. It might refer to the 60 feet per second velocity achieved as this is hurled into the dumpster.

Seriously, 'not sure how selling something with user reviews and experiences this poor furthers Woot’s reputation.

got one last year. It can be set up as a perfect dash-cam, the memory recycles.
used it normally around the house so far and it really works excellent. Mine came with all the stuff, haven’used it in any rough conditions yet but I like it. We didn’t open it until xmas and so cold here- haven’t used it much. Can’t beat it for the price.

Just FYI, I also bought this camera, and it died after 2 weeks of VERY light usage. Gear Pro support is even worse than Woot support. Woot support used to be good, but is really bad now. I contacted them after 2 of 3 TVs I ordered were damaged in shipping. It took 2 weeks for them to email me back with RMA information. There is no phone numbers to call for Woot, and they are supposed to return email after 24 hours. Beware if you are buying anything electronic.

Good video and some flying there. Looks like a lot of fun.

Lmfao! I didn’t even realize I did that! Ahh oh well it was like 3am. No I’m fully aware these aren’t GoPros, but the names are so synonymous I didn’t even realize the error!

I buy stuff off woot all the time but this camera was a POS! I took one video with the the thing and it wouldn’t power up. DEAD. AVOID this crap and buy the real deal.

One thing to note is everybody’s comments are based on the 720p model since the 1080 wasn’t offered before on Woot. Despite less than stellar Amazon reviews, the 1080p has better reviews than the 720p; for $65 I think the 1080p is worth a shot. If this fails I will probably finally step up to a GoPro.

Where can I find a pole/stick for this camera so I can use it for snowboarding? It doesn’t come with it, right?

It sure would be nice if Woot would support our troops and ship to APO addresses. It is such a small step to take to show that we care about our men and women serving overseas.

If you plan to use these in water, DO NOT BUY THIS CAMERA.

We bought 2 of them and took them to Grand Cayman for snorkeling. Day 1 one camera worked great and took 110 underwater pictures, camera two kept shutting off and took 14.

Day 2 both cameras started to seep water and fog up the cases. We stopped using them and that night at the hotel I made sure the gaskets around the cases were clean and free of any debris.

Day 3, both cameras started to take on water. It became clear to me the plexiglass cases were slightly warping either from the warm weather and plunging them into the cooler water or??

Because it was salt water, the little bit that got into the cases corroded the micro SD card contacts, and whatever else inside the cameras I can’t see.

Literally it was maybe a drop in each case…tiny drop…but enough to cause them to stop working.

i picked up the 720p last summer,had it mounted on ATV,scooter,in the ocean surfing!,and mounted on my RC speed boat that goes 80 mph,it flipped over and camera worked fine, i know its picky about the sd cards used, you need class 10…had fun with mine,…new lake found,Revolt 30 back view recording ,of speed runs 1# - YouTube

“Activist judges”? Really dude?

Thanks, Obama.

Does the 1080p come with the suction cup mount?

Did you have the 720p or 1080p version? It seems most people are having issues with the 720p version crapping out, but I’m curious to see how the 1080p holds up.

It appears the 1080p version doesn’t come with the suction cup mount, but they can be had on eBay or Amazon for cheap.