Geek Grind Whole Bean Coffee Sampler Box

Geek Grind Whole Bean Coffee Sampler Box

wow thirty bucks for a pound of coffee?

3 Likes

You try harvesting beans from a miniature civet dragon. The asbestos robe and wizard hat are expensive, and most harvesters spend one month a year in a burn ward at least.

And that’s the skilled ones.

2 Likes

Is this excelso or supremo beans?

Once again, Woot offers what may be a good product for an outrageous price. I love coffee, buy a lot of it. I’m willing to pay for good stuff. But over $27 a lb?!

Sorry, not going to make that kind of an investment in a product with which I’m unfamiliar.

That’s why it’s a sampler pack - so you can test them out before you sink $20 on an individual bag from the company. They’re a small coffee producer working in a niche market, so their stuff, by nature, is going to be more expensive than the bag of pre-ground Dunkin’ Dark Roast you can get off the store shelves. The sampler pack itself would run you $40 when purchased directly from the producer, so if one was up for trying new coffee from small companies, this would be a pretty good bargain.

per the supplier

Our beans are both sizes blended.

"Supremo coffee beans are slightly larger than Excelso beans . Supremo beans are a screen size of 17 and 18. This type is the largest bean size grading for Colombian coffee. It is possible that Supremo and Excelso coffee beans are harvested from the same tree, but they are sorted by its size."

Trust me, I’m not buying dunkin. But Woot has offered great coffee from Terra firma and smoking aces for about 14 a lb which is very reasonable. And I get that it’s a sampler, but I find that I often buy coffee by brand. I like all types of coffee and the producer is usually the determining factor. $27 is just too much, even for a sampler.

1 Like

I do that in my spare time.

1 Like

I went on the web site. their 12 oz bags (not even a pound) are $20 bucks. These samplers are $40.