Geigerrig: Hydration Packs To The Max

I put my bladder in my 85L backpack for a trip and had the same problem with the air tube, it’s just short enough that it pulled lose on me, but only once. I had the bladder clipped so it wouldn’t sink in the pack.

Over all it worked very well, though one time I did end up with the air blocking the water. Somehow, it was in a full backpack, the air portion separated the water and I had to let the air out and then pump again to get the water. This could have been bad, fortunately I knew there was no way I was out of water, and surmised what had happened. I was only a couple miles into my return and that would have suck to think I was out of water the rest of the way back…

I’m debating between the 500 and 700 for a daypack. Anyone have a suggestion as to which would be better? I was thinking the 700 just to have a little extra space just in case but I’d like to hear from someone that does daypacking. I’ve been invited to go so I figured it would be a good idea to get a pack.

I hope the 1600 comes up again though. I really wanted one to use when I go rock climbing.

Does anyone have any experience with using these packs in obstacle races?

Has anyone ever brought these packs sking/snowboarding? I see they have an insulated tube on the Geigerrig site, can anyone comment on how well the packs insulate with the tube? Will these fit snug enough for sking/snowboarding? My camelbak was horrible in that respect, and I don’t even use it while snowboarding anymore. (In it’s defense it was a gift and wasn’t designed for winter sports)

Do the Skullcandy High Adventure Passports come with these packs? I see a picture of it but i didn’t see mentioned anywhere as being included.

I’m told the passports do come with the packs as pictured. We forgot to add it to the list. Sorry.

I got one of these in a BOC myself, and it’s been great during my long runs on the weekend. I did have an issue initially with the hose popping off, but after I adjusted my straps a bit, that problem seems to have been resolved.