Gemini 300 Watt Twin Outlet Power Inverter

xbox 360 = 160 watts?

Yes thank you! I see that the device is tethered to a standard vehicle axillary plug yet to allow for 300 watts continuous draw you would be sourcing 25 amps through your auxillary. And if you are thinking you can just swap out the 15A fuse for a 25A then a new wiring harness is in your future.

I am not sure why I get so bent out of shape about this stuff. I guess the speedomoter really is a worse case of gross overstatement.

Any how, know this, your car does not automatically dish out a perfect 12V so there is a voltage regulator in line somewhere that will go up in smoke if you try to get the full advertized use out of this thing.

That said, I have one and it works fine at power levels under 120 Watts.

300 watts is pretty beefy for an inverter. I’d make sure you are using it with a larger vehicle. I’m planning on using mine on my work truck and keeping my old 100W in my car.

The Woot!™ one is cheaper, but if you need one with a “cool” factor to it, and you’re only powering a laptop w/ battery in it (makes a diff on power draw), or a cell phone… this one is REALLY cool here: http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11108992

It’s only 100 watts, but very small, white and comes with an airline adapter along with the auto plug, and a zipper case. As well, the chicks dig it man.

Cost is $23

Helllllllp… I can’t find any reviews online anywhere…
The price sure looks like it’s right, but would like to read some reviews on this…

this is fine for average use in a family car or mini-van. laptops, tv, vid games.
stated power draw on appliences is max draw, average is much less.

Maybe…it depends on how much draw the TV takes in, what the continuous max wattage of the inverter is, and what chipset your 360 is. The older chipset draws 150 to 160 watts (like FamilyGuyPSP said) for just being on and tops out around 200 watts when playing games. The newer chipset (dubbed Falcon) draws around 100 while idle and draws in a max wattage around 120 to 130.

EDIT: NVM it says in the description the max continuous wattage is 300 and maxes out at 500. Duh! So yeah, it’s quite possible you could get this to run a TV and 360 as long as the TV doesn’t draw in more than around 100 watts. :slight_smile:

Something tells me that one of these and two of my squid from the other night’s woot is a bad idea…

i have wanted one of these for awhile, good for my first woot I think

i think so too… and now you will be able to head over to shirt.woot and vote for some shirts that you like. Warning, it’s very addicting.

$18 with shipping? I’m in for one, so I can use it to recharge my laptop & zune on the trip from work. Nice woot.

Yes, and a second one and a third.

I dont know much about the brand but 300watts for 13 bucks is a decent deal. I’m still running my Jenson 300 portable and my Vector 750watt mounted units…

Eh, had to buy another. I bet one of the girls at work will want one too.

In for one. Now I’m hoping it doesn’t blow up as some of you have implied that it could…
sux0rz.

I have a similar unit purchased at Sam’s Club a couple years back, it has a two screw terminal to attach a direct connect to the battery fuse box, or to attach a cigarette lighter adapter as shown on this woot.

I have been looking for a couple more units to install in my niece’s Durango and a buddy’s jeep… I don’t think I can beat this price at the local Costco or Sam’s …

In for a couple more… hopefully this unit services as well as my other aforementioned unit…

My unit is Labeled:
HighwayMan
MFG # 09050
Model # HM300

The front looks very similar, a mirror image to this unit… mine has two leds, I can not tell if this has them or not, located between the power plugs and switch.

I paid close to 30bucks at the time, that was a good deal then…

I don’t see how anyone could go wrong with this unit… a 300 watt unit for <$20, buying 3 brings them in at close to $15 a piece…

been needing one and not a bad price. But, woot has burned me before so we will see if it’s a good deal or pos.

No they didn’t - it was 14.95 shipped. It looks exactly like this one.

we have a 200w inverter now, we generally use it while the car is running and that means the alternator is powering it, not the battery :wink:

laptop was up and running for 8 hour drive over the summer :smiley:

I can use this in my ENG news truck to power the reporters notebook without running the generator or my 1000 watt inverter. Not Snailmail, either. Another photog has the same one and paid about 35

wow! forget the styro cooler! put your fridge in the backseat on long trips and just plug it in! oh my, oh my, just think of the beer storage factor!