General Disappointment

Not to be doom and gloom, but…

So, I posted a discussion topic last night and being relatively new and not knowing how to manuever around the community boards at woot, I wasn’t sure where to put it, not really a matter if if I could put it on here at all. I posted a blog on Threadless and I had no problems. I was just trying to get people to vote for a design on another site, but i guess I didn’t do it in the right place or it’s not allowed on here if it has nothing to do with T-Shirts? Kind of odd. And it was just take down, no reason given, no quick note or email saying, hey noob, this goes other here, not there, or not even a you can’t do that here.

Well, between that and submitting stuff on here and being non-existant, I’ve decided to go back to just voting and buying shirts. I am disappointed in shirt.woot. I am aware that no site is perfect, but there’s just been too many issues and it’s not worth the hassle.

Thanks for the awesome random shirts, though. Good Luck, Thank you to those who were supportive and I’ll be looking out for awesome shirts to vote for and design. Later!

And for the record, I didn’t get a chance to say what a fantastic shirt the Cute Phobia one was for Halloween because the artist took down. i don’t blame him, I would, too after that poor excuse of a rejected reason was given, and with terrible grammar! Poor guy! I am shocked at how judgemental even the Rejectonator can be, whoever it happens to be week to week. You guys should work on that, too.

You know how mistakes happen when people write? You’re just typing along and don’t realize you’ve forgotten a word? Like “the artist took down,” but I know you meant “the artist took [it] down.” No biggie, it’s just a missed word. We all do it! So, it kind of seemed obvious to me that the Rejectionator simply missed the “have” in “would drawn?” Alas, we can edit out our mistakes, but the Rejectionator cannot. (I’m operating on assumptions, of course. But aren’t we all?)

As to opinions on rejection reasons? Everyone has them, but questioning the reasons given is like questioning the Delphic Oracle.

so what is the policy on posting pleas for votes on other sites? woot seems to allow it for shirt designs… perhaps only shirt designs?

Sorry there. Didn’t mean to upset you. We typically don’t connect with people when we mod forums so I’m glad you asked.

It’s best if people put their various vote/buy requests in their signatures.

As you can imagine, we have a lot of artists in our community and our forums could get pretty unwieldy if everyone opened a thread to advertise their wares.

Lucky for you, I have an easy-to-follow (I hope) diagram on how to put this type of image with link in your signature. The link is in my signature. Just remember that referral links are not allowed.

Hope that helps!

PS: We’re having some issues with images at the moment so don’t fret if your image doesn’t show in your signature.

There is a thread in the World of Woot Shirts called "An old Shirt.Woot entry up for voting at…" where people post links to their shirts, mostly previous derby entries, but also other designs, that they have submitted on other sites.

Thank you for responding, I really appreciate it. This does help quite a bit! I have done that in the past with previous derbies, but found it difficult to switch them each week. That’s probably just me; I am not the brightest crayon in the box when it comes to coding.

I like to think the best in people and in websites, it’s just been hard lately. I am also a touch crabby from finals, so if I came across a tad harsh in my statements/opinions I do apologize.

Fantastic! I guess I didn’t look deep enough in the forums. sigh It’s a lot to go through. Thank you!

True Story.

That’s a good question, because it’s not even for a shirt design, but it’s still a design, you know? It’s for a design for a hand towel.

Now, if you are a forum regular and you wish to tell your friends about something, the mods tend to be looser on EBW. As long as you aren’t spamming and use common sense you should be ok. However, ultimately it is up to the discretion of the mods.

“general disappointment, i’d like you to meet colonel angus. i hope you two can work something out to an agreeable ending.”