Genie 1/2 HP Belt Drive Garage Door Opener

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

Genie 1/2 HP Belt Drive Garage Door Opener
$119.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: New

Product List:

• 1 Genie 2040L-CT 1/2HP Belt-Drive Garage Door Opener

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

how many watts can this thing take from a light bulb?

In general, Genie garage door openers get pretty good reviews on Buzzillions.
http://www.buzzillions.com/x/s?N=4294811422&D=x&cat=&extra=all-product&Ntt=Genie+Garage+Door+Opener

Holy shinola that’s a lot of parts in the box.

How loud is it?

60 watts will be the maximum lightbulb wattage for this model.

52 different things come with this? is this easy to install by any chance?

Can a garage door opener actually be an impulse item? Are there THAT many people looking on Woot that actually need a garage door opener? I understand the ladder and the TV’s and year old computers being blown out at sort of a deal, but a garage door opener?

wonders why no one will laugh at his jokes about macs Sad panda woot =[

I liked seeing how people would make it compatible…

Anyways… this thing looks like an Ikea furniture set when you are putting it together… it’s a adult erector set!!!

Compare it to setting up the board game “mouse trap”, but we Wooters are a special group of people who don’t care about that stuff… we only care about the amazing Woot prices.

Being a belt drive, its very quiet compared to your chain drive units. I have one similar to this and its VERY quiet.

Zero. But that’s ok, since light bulbs are not generally a source of electricity.

This is $180 at sears

Don’t know about the belt drive but the Genie screw drives are very reliable and smooth.

Now that I see this garage door opener, I really wish I bought that Roomba.

Best thing to do with those sensors if you are absolutely sure no kids are gonna be waiting for the door to close on em, mount them on the ceiling facing each other.

Looks like a Mega-Super Roomba Kit.

If one existed that is.

here is all info you need directly from company.

user manual
warranty
safety info
http://www.geniecompany.com/GenieCompany.aspx?cid=489

It does take a little skill to install, but if your fairly handy, and can read a measureing tape, and have someone to assist you who is the same, and can comprehend instructions frmoa manual well, this should be a piece of cake.

You can never be TOO prepared!

I’m buying 2, and I don’t even have a garage!!!

I wonder if you can replace the engine with a 16HP Briggs & Stratton engine?