Geometric Wine Rack System

I believe it is 20.

Did anyone else start drawing alternate configurations when they saw this? I was looking for how many bottles I could do with just one level, when I figured out that the hexagon gives you the most bottles per set storage.
UPDATE
However with 3 sets, you can connect the hexagons in a way to make double use of some of the metal bars. If you are willing to do 3 or four levels, you can make 2 hexagons, connect them, and then add the remaining pegs to make another level to get 20. When I just added more pegs to the side, I only got 19, but I only worked on this for a few minutes.

Tinker Toys for grownups!

This looks cool but the reviews were just okay. Anyone know how stable this thing is?

Judging from the reviews, people are afraid it will fall apart. If you don’t want to make a game out of it, maybe glue it together when you assemble it? Kind of takes away some of the coolness of it though.

I’m wondering if it’s more worth it to buy this or the JK Adams 12-bottle wine rack, which is another user-configurable rack for 28-ish on Amazon that takes up way less space for the amount of wine it holds.

Goddamnit.

lol… same here… been playing w/ sticks and dots in paint for a few minutes. feeling pretty dumb right about now

Yeah, I did, when I saw the configuration at the link I posted above. It was so inefficient I had to come up with something better.

FWIW, another view…

and remember …

You must be 21 or older to order

Whoever receives the package must be 21 or older

If you’re drunk when the package shows up, you will not be allowed to receive it

(don’t blame me, it does say that on the order page)

I somehow would feel more accomplished jacking lots of those wooden wine bottle holders found in wooden crates from a local liquor store chain. Utilizing several 2x4’s laying around and making a long lasting wine shelf.

That’s just me.

I wonder how well the wine would rest in there? It looks like it could slip out pretty easily…

I wonder, if you buy three of these and fit them together right and cover it with wrap, if you could take your hamster Zorbing.

From looking at this, I say 21 (7 on each including on top) plus a possible 4 more above and below the Vs if you put the racks next to each other. So, max 25 I’d say.

Very 80s chic … would look great sitting next to my synthesizer.

We can’t be held responsible for you hurting yourself with sharp objects!!!

(Edit: Fixed your typo. That was just nasty.)

Exactly!!

To me it looks like each hex would only hold 3 bottles. The slots where the point of the triangle points up (and the flat part is down) looks like it would allow the bottles to roll around and possibly fall out pretty easily. Am I missing something here? even the pictures don’t show those triangles being used.

Jeff

Think out of the box.
With 3 hexagons loosely attached (at their mid-lines only) you use all the pieces, get 18 fully enclosed spaces plus a number of individually contained areas - 5 on the roof and 2 in the basement so to speak for a total of 25.

The one on top would roll off too easily. If all you get is the hexagon and not the extra pieces then if you put the racks next to each other the two below the Vs would just be sitting on the counter.

Ok, based on the pictures and the previous comments, we have established that you can connect the sets.

My question is: How high can you stack them?