George Foreman Jumbo-Sized Countertop Grill

Before I went off non-stick, I had a GF grill a long time ago. It was actually great. It worked exactly as advertised. It was especially good for cooking salmon. The one I had was actually small enough I could take it to work with me and make a hot meal in the break room.

This unit only really has one temperature setting… ON

I have the tiny original one. They make AWESOME grilled cheese sammiches

I used the one my roommate had until she moved out - I’m fussy about having a clean kitchen and I found it very easy to clean. Wipe the worst of the grease off with a couple of paper towels, then hot soapy dishcloth, rinse cloth and wipe down one last time, voila, you’re done.

In for one. Glad to have it. Thanks, Woot!

Despite some of the negative comments I am in for one. Just make sense at that price. Thanks WOOT for coming up with this one.

I’ve had two older models, one much smaller (2 burgers were too big) and one a little smaller. Great for boneless chicken breasts or boneless pork loin chops, or steaks of any kind. Fish fillets seem to have a sticking issue. Cleanup is easy, since the sink is right next to the counter. As to the other issues, there are workarounds - turn it sideways if you counter isn’t deep enough. As to the person who said that fat pouring out is a design flaw - did you use the plastic tray that comes with the machine? That’s what its for.
I’ve never had a problem with it not cooking well, or burning food. A thermostat would be a waste, but a timer would be nice - I do have a (microwave)timer right next to where I plug it in, so I can do without.

1. The “grease falling out of the end” thing is one of the selling points of the Foreman Grills. The grills come with a plastic tray that goes under the lip of the grill to catch the draining (a.k.a. “falling”) grease.

2. How does one go about making grilled cheese in a microwave?

My first home.woot! cant wait to make grill cheese and burgers! as far as microwave grill cheese (cant call it “grill” cheese actually) think of it as a warm bread and warm cheese sandwich. pretty gross

No, the design is different. What I won’t be surprised is if they were made in the same factory, though.

I’ll take you up on the challenge, as I seem to built up quite an arsenal of small kitchen appliances; it’s been years since I paid full price for any of them, however - many of these were bought in thrift stores for $10 or less in new or like-new condition:

Can opener
Decrimping can opener
Rice cooker
Vegetable steamer
Toaster
Convection toaster oven
Infrared toaster oven
Rotisserie oven
Juicer
Citrus juicer
Hand mixer
Stand mixer
Waffle iron
Sandwich maker
Quesadilla maker
Panini press
Contact grill
Vertical contact grill
Radiant grill
Griddle
Slow cooker
Bread maker
Pasta maker
Coffee maker
Coffee maker w/grinder
Burr coffee grinder
Electric hot water pot
Induction hot plate

Not really. While the GF grills is set at a happy medium, there are times in which a lower temperature is desired, like for thicker cuts of meat. Too high, and the outside overcooks before the inside is fully cooked … which isn’t such a good idea for poultry or pork.

Of all the contact grills I have or had, I still like the my old Toastmaster Grillerie the best.

Corn dogs: freezer to grill to belly in 10 minutes. In for my first home.woot.

Bleh… I paid this much for a tiny one about 6 months ago at walmart.

I guess people in UTah like George Foreman?

I have A GEORGE fOREMAN… The large one that fits 6 frozen burgers. (I hate frozen burgers… the ex always ate them).

I also have then small GF that cooks 2 burgers.

I used it all the time for hot dogs and even frozen chicken thighs.

Same as the corn dog post: from Freezer to grill to belly in 15 minutes.

My mom is old school… she’s 67 so she always defrosts the night before. I went to put the chicken on the GF grill once and she was like, “How are you going to cook that? It’s FROZEN! We can’t have that tonight it has to defrost in the fridge over night”…

It was done in 15 minutes. Skin was nice and crispy too, just how she likes it. She was amazed.

then after dinner she took a steak out to defrost for the next night…

Horribly disappointed! I WISH I had read reviews. Just tried this for the first time. Very easy to use. Tried ground beef patties (hamburgers). They burned on the outside and were still too pink on the inside. I stood near it the entire time and followed the included chart for suggested cook times. There is no temperature control which I didn’t think would be a problem. I don’t know how this happened, but the burgers were ruined. Cleanup was not bad for a charred mess.

Did you receive yours already? I haven’t gotten mine and other than an email confirmation, I haven’t heard a word on my order.

Got mine today, grilled two thawed chicken breasts the recommended time, they came out perfect.

Hmmm, maybe the grills have inconsistent cooking temps or something.