Gerber F.A.S.T. 3.0 A/O Partially Serrated Knife

Why not just exclude NY entirely?? Or list the zip codes you CAN ship it to!!

For your described primary use, I would suggest going with a folding box cutter type knife. If you hunt around a bit, you can find them with a liner lock and a thumb stud, so they are easy / quick to open / close. And, because they use standard utility knife blades, maintaining a sharp blade is as quick and easy as popping in a new one. That’s important since cutting cardboard is tough on an edge.

This is great info, thanks so much! Saved it for later reference…

You could probably put an eye out with this

Wow! Is this the “unkindest cut of all??” [rim shot]

If I am not mistaken, the list of ZIP codes covers New York City, its associated boroughs and Nassau County. Suffolk County might be in there are well, but I am not as familiar with those codes. As a former New York resident, the City and Long Island were always very picky about their knives. Essentially, there is a blade length limit for foldable blades, and there is also a restriction against knives that have assisted opening mechanisms. This is probably why it is illegal to ship here. Hope this helps.

As to why they list the restricted zip codes, probably because its easier to look up zip codes that restrict something than it is to do the opposite. Also, Cntrl + F is your friend.

I own that knife and I really like it. It’s cheaper than the model that is on Woot today,it is very slim and is razor sharp right out of the box.

It doesn’t have assisted opening but who really needs that on a small pocket knife?

that’s just it every area I know of in NY is listed from Brooklyn to buffalo including virtually all of Monroe county (Rochester) and anyplace anyone I know lives.
If you open the list you should realize it’s too long for just downstate…
I highly doubt Irondequoit passed a law on this suggesting its either county based or even state wide despite the fact I can still go buy a similar knife in a store…

If I really cared I’d just get a PO box in Jersey but certainly this time around I really don’t

update: it is because of the Manhattan DA re-interpreting state law and going after everyone ever trying to sell knives and trying to get other counties on board meaning its better for companies to just not do NYS business than risk the million dollar lawsuits…

If you just need to cut open the taped part of the box, you might be better off just getting a small box cutter, like this (pack of 12). They fit easily in pockets and are sufficient for opening boxes. I think I’ve seen them at hardware stores for a dollar or two.

NY sucks!! Really??I live 5+ hours away from NYC! Why the hell can’t I order this damn knife?!?!?! I can buy a Machette, a chain saw and double headed axe, a cross bow but I can’t buy a pocket knife? UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Try any of the Kershaw knives designed by Ken Onion - Chive, Scallion, Leek, Shallot. GREAT knives, shaving sharp out of the box, reasonably priced!

I also like Benchmade knives

I agree. Kershaw has nice US made affordable knives. Benchmade for higher priced but even better knives.
This Gerber knife has no info about it.

Gerber is made in China, save your money, for the same price go to walmart or other store and by a Buck 870 “Bones” Buck is made in the USA

I used to have the list. They’ll send it to you if you ask Woot.

Daily Steals constantly has better knives for sale. I’ve picked up 3 from them in the last few weeks and everyone has been exactly what I wanted.

My favorite one has a bottle opener, glass break, belt cutter, assisted opening and a nice sharp blade. I paid $8 shipped for it… a lot better of a deal.

I would go with this guy.
http://www.amazon.com/Gerber-22-41830-Pocket-Knife-Exchange/dp/B0016KHW2W
It uses standard utility blades and takes up very little space.

Mine broke in a week. the lock is dangerously cheap.

Does the knife have a jar opener for their baby foods? Is the knife safe for children from 6 months - 2 years old?

This is a little more money but it is the cleanest don’t-even-know-it’s-in-your-pocket every day carry I own. I keep trying others but nothing is as well designed as this puppy.
http://www.amazon.com/Kershaw-Onion-Folding-Knife-Speed/dp/B004DS1XF6/ref=pd_sim_hi_1