Gerber Steady Tripod Multi-Tool

A quick Google search turns up weights of a couple larger phablets on the market.

Galaxy Note 4 @176g

iPhone 6 Plus @172g

And just for more info, Gizmag has six phablet comparisons with weight figures.

The Gizmag phones in order are (I found it a bit difficult to find on their page):

• Samsung Galaxy Note 3 @168g
  • LG G Pro 2 @172g
  • HTC One Max @217g
  • Nokia Lumia 1520 @206g
  • OnePlus One @162g
  • LG G3 @149g

“Perfect for my 5 year old” and “serrated blade” go together perfectly.

On a serious note - pretty much everyone I know has some kind of case on their phone that would render the suction cup feature useless, and I am guessing people who are likely to carry a pocket knife also have a protective case on their phone…these seems like a really dumb product.

…huh?

I had a pile of woot monkeys, but then I got a dog. They’re great for getting rid of stuffed animals you have laying around.

Hey hey, looks like we lowered the price! Anyone who bought prior to the price decrease should be getting an email from us & a refund.

I really like the little satellite dish…I think it will come in handy to get better reception on my phone when Im in the boonies.

no bueno…

I think once in my life I wished I had a tripod for my iPhone.

From the item description:

A Woot user was actually trying to provide useful information. I can see how that could be confusing.

A lot of folks are dissing this item because of the tripod and suction cup features. Keep in mind, this is actually a really well made multi-tool, and you don’t have to use those two features. I was given one of these as a gift, and I used the tripod once with my iphone, just because I wanted to see how well it worked… It worked just fine… But the multi-tool features were great, high quality and worth the current woot price.

If you are looking for a good multi-tool and you can look past the suction cup (Which by the way is an attachment, so you could even toss it if you want.) get this tool, you wont regret it.

You’ll poke your eye out kid!

This could change the entire nature of knife fights:

a: I’m gonna cut you suckka!

b: NO YOU’RE NOT! Just lemme get the blade out of this…no…that’s the little blade…nope…that’s the tripod…I’ll just wup you with the SUCTION CUP OF DEATH!!

Seriously, is the camera mount a 1/4-20 thread or just a suction cup??

It’s threaded, and the cup screws onto it… In theory you can put anything you want on it.

Now, let us get all creative to find uses for it, so that I can satisfy my urge to buy crap.

DO BE CAREFUL with 1/4-20 tripod threads! They vary in length and if you screw them in too far, they can damage SOME cameras. Nikon had a film camera disaster that way with some model film camera and had to give out spacers to place on the bottom of the cameras to prevent the threads of normal tripods from cracking a circuit board or something.

I could see this being extremely useful for time-lapse videos.

ROFLCOPTER…Fantastic explanation. I’m glad someone sees value, I’m very appreciative!

In retrospect, maybe the ‘huh’ was in regards to the phablet name. Phone-Tablet thus phablet. Midway between phone and tablet form factor.

The ‘huh’ was because I am slow. Since he didn’t put the bit about how much weight the suction cup can hold (from the specs) - it didn’t occur to me why he was talking about smart phones and tablets. Context can be your friend when providing useful info to others.

I like to shoot pic’s of small objects with my phone when out walking.

One of the fold out trip pod legs is longer then the other.

So stupid for buying this thing.