Get on the Mike

You don’t have any choices in Communist Russia.

** And attention all spelling pundits: **

Both “mike” and “mic” are truncations of the word microphone. Neither are technically correct since both are slang.

This is ThreeeeeeDog! You’re listening to Galaxy News Radio, cause one dog ain’t enough and two is too low, it’s me Three Dog.

This feels really art deco, thumbs up.

My middle name is mike, so it’s obvious that woot is telling us all to get on me…

…waiting…

For whatever reason, when I see this shirt, I think “Red Scare” Propaganda.

i LOVE LOVE the design …

but come, on - red? really??

just can’t do it

My friends and I have been utterly disappointed in this Derby. Especially in the 1st place entry. Bomb Deco, while fairly in style, isn’t truly capturing the spirit of Art Deco. First, WW2 plane is after the 1920’s-30’s and second it’s entirely off message. Art Deco was about progress. War is not progress. The designs have been well done and nice but we don’t think we’ll be buying any of them.

Congratulations on 3rd place all the same as it’s votes that got you there, though I can’t say I’ll be purchasing.

Well, I can’t speak for dictionaries, but mic is a popular abbreviation of MICrophone. I tend to use mic more often than mike.

Edit: Apologies for the redundant post.

in for one.

excellent design, pleasing to my eyes and my penchant for talk radio. thanks to kdubbs29 and woot!

The sound engineer in me says “BUY BUY BUY!” But I bought the one last night. Argh! Someone else make this decision for me!

I am referred to as The Mike.

in for one

I don’t like red shirts but this image is so cool I can’t resist. Congrats to the artist, nice job.

this is cooler than last night’s; don’t let this one get away, techie

In for one. My first red shirt!

I have to admit, I really like this shirt. Good job. To be honest, I’m surprised it wasn’t first or second.

I will wear this to practice even though I just play guitar and can’t sing to save my life.

Purchased!

More on mike versus mic:

http://www.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/mic.html

Mike is the preferred term but mic has pretty much taken over as it is quicker to write on a strip of tape attached to a soundboard to label the controls.

Whatever, I’m in for one!

In for two. My dad owns a radio station so I’m gonna hook him up

it does make me think of Rage Against the Machine. But that color of red always reminds me of communism, and the microphone broadcast with lightning bolts coming out of it makes me think of a rebel broadcast. That is my point of view.

This particular Mike means some serious business with those bolts of static discharge-a-flyin’.

Ooh, a neat mixture of Suprematist and Art Deco design, me likey…