Getting Wrong Item?

I’ve already written service at woot dot com, but as I’m impatient and new to the site, I was curious. Is it normal to receive the wrong item?

I ordered a Uniden 8865-2 phone set (my first order here ever). I waited patiently for my order to arrive. It did today. I opened the box only to find a Motorola WA840G instead. I was saddened to say the least.

Has this happened to anyone else?

ddlong, it’s never happened to me, but woot is fair in resolving issues and errors. I would suspect that with the woot-off, service is probably swamped w/ e-mails.

When woot goes back to one item a day, post your issue in the current item thread and in the thread for the Uniden phones and you’ll have a better chance of getting a response from GC or someone at woot…or maybe I’ll be wrong and you’ll hear from service, soon.

[quote user=“gimmaroon”]ddlong, it’s never happened to me, but woot is fair in resolving issues and errors. I would suspect that with the woot-off, service is probably swamped w/ e-mails.

When woot goes back to one item a day, post your issue in the current item thread and in the thread for the Uniden phones and you’ll have a better chance of getting a response from GC or someone at woot…or maybe I’ll be wrong and you’ll hear from service, soon.
[/quote]Thanks for the advice. I’ll try that if I don’t get a response. I really like the site and I really liked those phones. I’d like to keep using the former and get the latter. :wink:

Haha, I don’t mind making noise. I posted a link to this in the Uniden thread…but it’ll probably get buried pretty quickly because of the forum traffic.

Quite a community here. Thanks!

ddelong, this kind of mistake is not typical. Sorry about that. I’ll make sure somebody responds to your email.

Thanks Jason. :slight_smile:

And woot! shows again that the customer does matter.
Good on ya, woot!

Seeee ddelong…told ya they were good about getting the occasional problem resolved.

I bow to Jason Toon, for not making a liar out of me.

lol a fun thread this is : )

[quote user=“gimmaroon”]Seeee ddelong…told ya they were good about getting the occasional problem resolved.

I bow to Jason Toon, for not making a liar out of me.[/quote]

Not that Jason wasn’t sincere, but he may make a liar out of you yet. I still haven’t gotten a response to my email. :frowning:

Think about how many emails they are getting right now though. They had 35 different items in the woot-off, ranging from 10 of each to 1700 of each. I know of people who ordered the PCI video card, but got a similar version of an AGP card. Also included in their emails are complaints from people about not having enough of each of the lesser-quantity items and too many of the items that they had so many of.

[quote user=“ddelong”][quote user=“gimmaroon”]

Not that Jason wasn’t sincere, but he may make a liar out of you yet. I still haven’t gotten a response to my email. :([/quote]
Hmmm, maybe service got swamped because of the woot-off.</make stuff up>
Hopefully, bumping this will remind someone at woot of your problem. Also, did you post about it, again, in the appropriate item’s thread?

[quote user=“gimmaroon”][quote user=“ddelong”][quote user=“gimmaroon”]

Not that Jason wasn’t sincere, but he may make a liar out of you yet. I still haven’t gotten a response to my email. :([/quote]
Hopefully, bumping this will remind someone at woot of your problem. Also, did you post about it, again, in the appropriate item’s thread?[/quote]Not yet, but I’ll go do that.

[quote user=“ddelong”][quote user=“gimmaroon”][quote user=“ddelong”][quote user=“gimmaroon”]

Hopefully, bumping this will remind someone at woot of your problem. Also, did you post about it, again, in the appropriate item’s thread?[/quote]Not yet, but I’ll go do that.[/quote]
Bump, because I don’t wanna be a liar!

Good and bad news.

First, the bad news. They couldn’t find the Uniden phone.

The good news is that they’re refunding my order and giving me a $5 coupon for my next order. Combine that with the fact that I’m apparently getting the wireless adapter for free and I’m super satisfied.

I can only hope that some nice phones come on sale again in the next few days before I move into my new place.

Thanks for all the help.

Haha, yeah…I just said that they were fair, lol, I didn’t say you’d get what you want…free adapter-right price.
Glad you’re happy!

[quote user=“ddelong”]Good and bad news.

First, the bad news. They couldn’t find the Uniden phone.

The good news is that they’re refunding my order and giving me a $5 coupon for my next order. Combine that with the fact that I’m apparently getting the wireless adapter for free and I’m super satisfied.

I can only hope that some nice phones come on sale again in the next few days before I move into my new place.

Thanks for all the help.[/quote]

Define “nice phones”. I’ve got some Uniden dual handset phones from a woot way back in January. They’re 2.4 Ghz and have the digital answering machine. They were recertified, and I’ve never taken them out of the box. I paid $40.

[quote user=“Binaural”]Define “nice phones”. I’ve got some Uniden dual handset phones from a woot way back in January. They’re 2.4 Ghz and have the digital answering machine. They were recertified, and I’ve never taken them out of the box. I paid $40. [/quote]The primary features that drew me to the phones were 5.8 GHz (I use 802.11g, so 2.4 is out), no answering machine (as I’ll be using voicemail), the possibility to add handsets, and the ability to detect the voicemail signal.

If it weren’t for the 2.4 GHz and the answering machine, I might have taken you up on that. Thanks though. :slight_smile:

I hope so, too,
though largely because I have “phone” locked in “The guess what the next woot is thread”