Gevalia Pod Coffee Maker

Good price but costly refills.

No the PODS will cost your alot of $$$. Better off getting a good classic percolator coffee maker to make some good coffee.

$50 NEW on eBay - BCB($4) = $46

NO, its $15 (shipping)

Over thinking NO, what coffee lover drinks 1 cup, most drink a PoT! Waste of ca$h since the pods cost the money and that’s where the company makes there big money “in pods”!

Forget buying pods. Buy the Perfect Pod Pod Maker and make you own pods. Pressure? Come on.

I’ve never heard or seen anyone compare the taste of coffee or anything, for that matter, to scaffolding. That is awesome, and I’m going to steal it.

Hmm, I love coffee.

I dont like Proprietary stuff.

I do not know what I would do if some one made my coffee proprietary.

do they have these in prison?

I have to agree. Coffee made with one of these pod things will run in the neighborhood of 50 cents or so per cup, which while cheaper than your neighborhood Starbucks is WAY more expensive than any other at-home method. Maybe the convenience is worth it to some people, but here’s what works for me: I have a Mr. Coffee 4-cup machine. Their “cup” is six ounces, so each morning I make just a little less than a full pot to get two 10-ounce mugs. For each pot I use three spoons of ground coffee, which is a custom blend of half Hawaiian Kona and half “whatever’s on sale at the store this week” (usually Folgers, Community, or Chase & Sanborn). I’ve never tried to figure it out before this, but I’m guessing it winds up costing me about 15-20 cents a cup. (It would be half that if I didn’t use Kona, but I like the rich flavor which is only mildly diluted by cutting it with the “house” coffee.)

IMHO Starbucks coffee is lousy anyway. I still don’t understand why people are willing to spend three bucks a cup to drink that swill. Dunkin’ Donuts coffee is much better, and even McDonald’s coffee (at least since they introduced their new gourmet blend) is pretty decent and a better value.

Make pods with your favorite coffee. You can use these melitta filters!
http://www.amazon.com/Melitta-FilterPads-Senseo-Coffee-Machines/dp/B000QTOW2W/ref=pd_sim_k_4

your favorite coffee should be…
http://moltenjava.mybisi.com/

Do you suppose there’s any chance of this arriving to a Dallas address before Christmas?

SWIL - LOL…

I am the perfect person to address the wonderfully stated coments above.

I get all that starbucks pre ground coffee I can use - free. I know several demo ladies and they all bring me the supposed good stuff - all in 12 oz pre grpund stay fresh packs . i really have no clue what they would cost if i was paying for them but I am willing to bet they are way expesive.
My point is they are not the best stuff. Some are cool - for a change - flavored or what ever the hell they call it - liek the holiday peppermint one I tried today, but most are just regular coffee. in fact i will still go buy a can every so often of the cost co version of folgers. it’s the best i think.

so I doubt seriously that any little pouch is going to work for me.

you know what, the coffee at star bucks seems to be totally reliant on the amount of coffee they put in the mix and how slow the brew is done. have you ever read the recipies on the cards in the shop?

they call for double the coffee, tripple the coffee and even more. i just don’t think people realize they can make the same stuff for way way cheaper at home.

I had a friend whoes wife had a credit card that she only used for starbucks and she went every day.

she was not a junkie. but that card went over 5 g’s the first year. THOUSAND DOLLARS.
Crazy eh.

I got one of these things a couple of years ago,worked great…tasted great…till the pods ran out! Good luck findin more…8-/

Aha! According to a comment made here, the Gevalia pods were 61mm and 8 grams.

Ok… I just bought it, now where’s the best place to buy the pods from. No more lmgty links! Give me a link to a site that you’re buying it from please. Amazon has them, but you have to buy 5 packs of the same flavor, I want a variety. Thanks

coffeewhiz.com. Been shopping there for years.

Lot of comments to the pod costs being expensive. Guess that depends on your definition. I buy 18 packs of pods anywhere from 5-7 bucks. Not expensive to me. Then, I have only the one cup in the morning before taking off for work, thus a pot brewer would only create wasted coffee. Google the pods and do the math, it’s not “expensive”.

FWIW - I’ve been using a Senseo for about 3 years now, highly recommend it. This one that’s on woot seems like a good deal. For the short money they’re asking, I’ll be picking one up as a back up.

Was all over this till I saw biggest cup that can be brewed was 12 oz I needed 20 oz. Coffee would end up to weak probably after 12 oz anyway.

Bah!

We have had a Senseo pod machine for years. Do not know if this one is good or not, but unless the pressure is high you only get coffee at a high price. The pressure of the hot water drains the beans of almost every drop of flavour and gives a foamy rich cup of coffee that rivals the coffee shops like Starbucks for a fraction of the Starbuck price.

Have also discovered other pods than Senseo have been hit and mostly miss in quality. Amazon sells them for the best price.

Enjoy

Cheap coffee maker + expensive pods = most expensive cup of coffee ever. For anyone who drinks more than 1 or 2 cups per day, this is not a good value.

I buy them on amazon with the subscribe and save option. With free ship and the extra discount it’s about a buck savings per bag over the grocery store.

After reading many of the comments I think there are two camps.

Those who love a rich foamy cup of gourmet coffee and those who are quanity rather than quality kind of people.

One is no better than the other. But a good cup of pod coffee for me, though more expensive, is far superior experiance.

Maybe start with a wonderful cup and follow up with other coffees later.

enjoy

I agree - my wife’s ex has been trying to get me to buy one of these things but I’m sticking with my Capresso coffee grinder unbleached filter paper and cup filter.

… and don’t get me started on flavored coffee and artificial creamer! Pretentious moi?