Geyser Peak Winery Petite Sirah (3)

Interested. Maybe a splitter.

Geyser Peak Winery Alexander Valley Petite Sirah 3-Pack
$49.99 $̶9̶5̶.̶0̶0̶ 47% off List Price
2009 Geyser Peak Winery Block Collection Petite Sirah, Walking Tree, Alexander Valley
CT link above

Winery website

So join or create a WW Gathering!

Geyser Peak Winery Petite Sirah (3)
Speed to first woot: 48m 16.990s
First sucker: marketvelocity
Last wooter to woot: MarkDaSpark
Last purchase: a minute ago

It’s PS, what can I say? :wink:

No really. Haven’t had it yet! We’ll have to wait for PetiteSirah to chime in with more info.

First no New York. Now no New Jersey. Come on.

You just described an ideal world :tongue:

Heyo-ooo!

Anyone tried this PS? What’s the drinking window?

CT has now thru 2016, but per Kent about PS, it should be fine thru 2018 or so, then goes into it’s dumb phase for 5 to 10 years, then opens up again.

Touché. (Wiseguy!)

bada…bing
lol

I have! Ripe, dark berry fruits on nose and soft but structured tannins round out palate. Think blackberry pie in a glass. This wine is crafted as a drink-now, but could nicely hold for a couple more years.

As a PS enthusiast, this description is quite intriguing. I wonder if we could get more info on what makes it less “monolithic”. Less time in the barrel? Or just terroir?

As an Ent enthusiast, the vineyard name is also intriguing. But let’s not be hasty.

Interesting story about the Walking Tree Vineyard: it sits on the Western Bench of the Alexander Valley just above our winery. During a winter storm an old oak tree was relocated by Mother Nature. A landslide helped it 'walk’ from the vineyard’s edge down the steep hillside to our main parking lot whilst remaining completely upright during its journey. We chose to immortalize this remarkable tree by naming the vineyard ‘Walking Tree’.

As for the wine question: the hearty tannins are tamed by the winemaking techniques. As we know, PS can be a “big” wine but the subtle integration of the oak and nice balance of acidity and full, forward fruit keeps the wine from being heavy or overbearing.

Albeit quite young, this would be a great bottle to bring to -
NorCal #20 - NorCal meets SoCal Petite Sirah Night Sept 7th!

There’s still a few spots left! It’s an excellent opportunity to participate in sharing a variety of aged Petite Sirahs, and meet fellow wine.wooters!

NorCal #20 - NorCal meets SoCal Petite Sirah Night Sept 7th

…and participate in a blind evaluation of the Argon preservation system I’m working on.

I love PS and I’m intrigued by this offer, therefore, I’m In for 2.