Giarrusso Dry Creek Valley Zinfandel (4)

Giarrusso Dry Creek Valley Zinfandel 4-Pack
$74.99 $132.00 43% off List Price
2012 Giarrusso Zinfandel
CT link above

Hi everyone, I’m the wine ambassador for Giarrusso Zinfandel. I’ll be here to answer any questions about this awesome zinfandel 4 pack! You’re going to love this spicy deep red zinfandel.

Hi, what’s a wine ambassador do? And do you get diplomatic immunity when visiting other wineries?

Hi cortot20, i’ll be providing insight into this killer Dry Creek Zin. but sadly no diplomatic immunity for me.

I just bought the Haywood Primitivo. Is this juice any better?

Any notes? I enjoy zins that are a little more on the elegant side and not so much in your face.

Looks like this is a relatively new creation from Terlato wines. Was wondering why it was being sold by an online retailer and not the winery but I think Uncorked.com is an arm of Terlato. Which makes no difference but trying to get a feel for some background on the wine.

Yes, Anthony Terlato is John Giarrusso’s grandson and Terlato Family Vineyards created this wine to pay homage to his grandfather’s home-made Zinfandel.

The Zinfandel grapes come from an 8 acre Estate Dry Creek Vineyard on the southern tip of Dry Creek Valley. The vineyard’s rocky soils and close proximity to the cooler climate Russian River Valley appellation creates an elegant and refined Zinfandel.

Here are some technical specs:
Color: Dark purple
Aroma: Blackberry, black plum and spicy black pepper.
Taste: Great entrance, plush mouthfeel framed by nice acidity, dense mid-palate with a long, smooth finish.
Fermentation: Each block picked and fermented separately with an average maceration of 15 days on the skins.
Aging: Aged for 16 months in French Oak barrels, 20% new 20% new barrels.

Thanks for this, PH?

The pH is 3.68

At what Brix was the fruit picked?

Hi rpm, 25.2 Brix at harvest.

Thanks!

Thank you.