Gift Week: Gifts That Aren't Weak

I still have half a bottle of the Balsamic left and I just ordered 2 more. I went through a different bottle a couple years ago. I can literally put this on any dish (as a finishing touch) I cook at home and it could make it that much better. Sometimes I rely on it too much - it’s just too easy,

It’s super sweet and delicious in a luxurious way meaning you need to have one bottle for savory food and one bottle for desserts.

Go nuts.

The turtles will do just fine for me, but all the rest of this is really going to kill any hope I have of shopping for others. And the specter of THREE Cavedoni, more KR, and oils… Yikes!

No cook just dip and drizzle

I have the peppermint chocolate at home. I’ll post notes in a couple hours. :slight_smile:

I hope the balsamic and olive oil are as good as everyone says or my wife is going to kill me. She’ll probably do that anyway thanks to the Esoterica deal today. There just isn’t anymore room left in our guest shower turned wine cellar. :frowning:

I had some of these myself and they were delicious! The outside layer is dark chocolate. The inside is more of a milk chocolate with toffee bits (although the packaging says they are “candy crunchies”). The milk chocolate inside is like those Ice Cube chocolates they used to sell at the gas station and convenience store counters and is referred to on the package as “meltaway”. Overall they have a very pleasant minty chocolate taste with a slight buttery note.

WD has really provided us with a cornucopia of deliciousness to choose from here and these are right near the top of my “want” list!

EDIT: Are the Peppermint Velvet Chocolates also a 27 oz. box like the caramels? There is no size listed and I can’t make it out from the picture of the box.

Yes. The box says Net Weight 27oz.

More specifically, how many come in a box? $33 seems a bit steep for a box that at least “looks” fairly small.

Heartbreakridge and Norh316: I’m in for the Kent Rasmussen Esoterica Vermelho Forte too. I love ports but, I’ve never tried these before. I look forward to tasting them with my family. I did get the sausage sampler as well. Then I said, save my credit card for another day.

David B.

p.s. The Pinot Blanc that I put up as part of the Oh! Orgasmic deal is probably one of the top 3 whites we’ve ever made, along with 03’ Chardonnay and '07 Willamette Valley Pinot Gris. IMHO.

This is the fourth year that I’ve wooted the balsamic vinegar & olive oil, and it’s well worth it.

The vinegar is spectacular on just about anything, and the olive oil is so unusual - you aren’t likely to be able to get anything like it locally.

If you don’t get at least two of the Cavedoni vinegars, you may end up hoarding it & be forced to hide the last little bit from your loved ones. Not that I’ve done that. No.

Thanks, Eagle Eye! :slight_smile:

Based on the size, I would guess 48 pieces. That is what they normally have a box, but ‘maybe’ 52.

David, you will not be disappointed. Also thanks for offering your wines here again. I have still not had a pinot blanc, though I do have some nice late harvest pinot blancs in my cooler waiting to be enjoyed through the holidays.

For those looking for notes on the Forte, here are mine from CT:

“Nose of dark cherry, blackberry a hint of ripe bananas and a touch of pepper. Very pleasant on the nose. Very fruit forward on the initial taste. Taste of cherries, with an almost raisiny or honeylike roundness. Slight peppery (read acidic) heat and warmth of the alcohol beautifully balance out the sweet, tart fruit. A nice complex finish rounds out the experience quite well. This forte is drinking well but should also age beautifully. Looking forward to tasting to this over time. Kent Rasmussen has pleased again.”

Get the chocolate mint things instead. omg. So delicious.

We’ve already had a mini-confessions.woot on yesterdays balsamic message board. Feel free to join in on the fun and confess your balsamic related escapades!

I’m umming and ahhing over the olive oil. Both my husband and I are that rare breed that hates olives but loves loves loves olive oil, and having never had one of these olio nuovo types, I’m hesitant to invest $35 on a bottle…

For a change try Balsamic vinegar with Grapeseed Oil It’s fantastic!

Yes. This. Perfect descriptor. Plus it has that super high quality to it where you can eat just one piece and be totally satisfied, meaning you can make them last for a while.

Oh yah, nutrition info for those sadistic enough to want it on candy:

Serving Size: 2pcs
Calories: 130 (80 from fat)
Total Fat: 9g (6g Saturated)
Cholesterol: 0mg
Sodium: 10mg
Total Carb: 15g (1g Dietary Fiber, 12g Sugars)
Protein: 1g

Awesome, thanks!

Do the oils and vinegars tend to send out quickly? I’m so tempted but trying not to impulse buy $250 worth of things…

I’m featuring the Aux Délices Charcuterie and I’ve already sprung for the Balsamic, Olive oil and Port based on your comments! Get me outta here! This site is dangerously delicious!