Gifts for the Chef

What’s the Zyliss 42320 Ladle made of?

Cuisinart CI45-30CR 12" Chef’s Classic Enameled Cast Iron Chicken Fryer - Blue

Can this be used on ceramic top stove? I know that regular cast iron is not supposed to be used on ceramic top, but wondered if the blue ceramic coating on this pan would make it OK to use.

Thanks.

[MOD EDIT: Removed email address for privacy. Please have users Private Message you]

The photo for the Fissler Vitaquick 4.2 qt pressure pan set is misleading. It looks like the set consists of 2 pressure pans, a pressure cooker lid, and a glass lid. In reality you get a pressure cooker 4.2 qt pan, a pressure lid, a glass lid and a wire basket. Neither the features description nor the specs describe the items that make up the set.

Agreed. (Though I still love my Fissler Bluepoint Quattro set I got from woot back in the day…)

Man I want that Staub square griddle though…

The “Chef’n SleekSlice Collapsible Mandoline” says 2% off list price?

Well, points for honesty…?

If only there were a few more items in this list I could get some shopping done.

I was looking for reviews on the Koolatron Thermoelectric Fridge-CR48W, and in the process I found it at Best Buy for $95.99 with free shipping. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/koolatron-kool-compact-fridge-white/5626476.p?id=1218674192390&skuId=5626476

The Staub 10" American Square Grill Pan “claims” to have American in the specs, but in the features it mentions FRANCE three times - not a single American feature!
Explain yourselves, Woot!

Just an FYI: those Zevro dispensers can usually be found elsewhere for a lot less…ideeli.com tends to sell them frequently, and there’s a different manufacturer (Universal) selling slightly smaller units (each side holds 14 ounces) right now at 1sale.com for just $14.99…

http://1sale.com/home-family/?in_shop=true&page=5

I bought the Breville Grinder two days ago here on Woot for 10 bucks more… bummer.

You can use both cast iron and enameled cast iron on electric stove tops. The trick is to NOT heat it at maximum temperature. Heating cast iron too quickly can cause warping, resulting in the flat surface developing a slight curve, preventing it from sitting flat.

As an aside, I have the Chef’n bowl set (no measuring cups) and I love them for measuring out smaller quantities of liquid. They’re also great as prep bowls.

A photo I took with the Chef’n bowls

They have little markers on the inside of the bowl indicating volume. I’m using the the larger bowl to hold 1 cup of barley and once the garlic is ground, it rests in the other bowl quite easily too. The smallest one (showing lines for 1 and 2 tablespoons) is great for measuring quantities of oil

WOOT! For the “Bialetti 06803”
How deep is this? I know its 9x13 but it doesn’t say anything about depth. Thanks!

I thought that the “Companion Products PizzaCraft PizzaQue® Stone Grill- PC0106” seemed like a strange name. I mean, a stone grill, really? I see you included a photo of the box. Good idea. This is not a stone grill, but a Grilling Stone! LOL…

[QUOTE=llippitz, post:3, topic:404159]
Cuisinart CI45-30CR 12" Chef’s Classic Enameled Cast Iron Chicken Fryer - Blue

"Can this be used on ceramic top stove? I know that regular cast iron is not supposed to be used on ceramic top, but wondered if the blue ceramic coating on this pan would make it OK to use.

Thanks."

All cast iron can be used on induction provided it has been properly seasoned and can sit flat on the stove top. Since this is enamled and will not have to be seasoned, I am assuming it is like my other enamled cookware. So is should be fine on my induction range.

from usa.zyliss.com

Component Materials
Body: GF Nylon
Handle: Nylon, Stainless Steel Badge

I own the green Mandolin in this sale and I’ve never been able to use it without cutting myself (even while using the safety grip). Maybe it’s the fact that I’m a lefty, but that’s been my experience.

OMG OMG!! Two percent savings on the mandoline. Too bad I can only purchase three.

Smarty pants.

You need gloves for it then.