Gifts for the Chef

any comments on the Bialetti 07206 Aeternum Evolution 8" Saute Pan? the ceramic one? compared to the one offered a while back (can’t remember the name and too lazy to look it up) or their non stick pans? need a gift wondering if they are worth it

I guess we should be glad there was a savings…the 12 oz. Snap & Seal container was flying an MSRP of $7.99 — with a Woot price of $14.99. I noticed this morning that the MSRP was removed…but the higher price is still there. Was it correct? Does Woot not want us to know that not everything is reduced? Inquiring minds wanna know…

TT, any chance of getting a more accurate pic of this set, and also fix the specs to say what’s in the set? As the above commenter observes, it appears to show both the large and small pressure cookers sold separately on the site, but that can’t be correct.

Lots of discussion on the unhealthy damage modern crock-pots can do to you and your family. Seems most, if not all, manufacturers have moved to outsourcing the glaze or total pot builds from China where the amount of lead in the glaze on the pot itself is not regulated like it is here in the U.S. The body cannot process lead and it can build up over time, like mercury, to deadly levels. Crock-Pot brand is the worst of the worst but from what I’ve read, most brands are now outsourced to Chinese factories. Amazon had a great discussion started by a chemical engineer about the subject. If you can find an American made one it should be safe, if not, throw it out as your family’s health is not worth it.

At one point I bought a whole set of these lock and lock glass for around $30. I haven’t seen a good deal on Woot ever since Amazon bought them.

I also bought the Breville Smart Grinder a few days ago for $10 more. I would be happy with it if one of the parts necessary for it to function hadn’t been missing. The removable upper burr was not there. I have contacted Breville customer service about this. After a 48 minute wait on hold I was told that the part would be shipped but it has been two weeks and no burr. $119.99 for a grinder I can’t use…

I think so. I got the 10" one last time. Reasons: the cook surface is heat resistant to 750 degrees and the handle on the aeturnum evolution is metal so the pan can go into the oven.
I had bought a berghoff earthchef wok for the heat resistance and have been waiting for that to come up again but it has not.
These Bialetti ones seem to be a good substitute. I am giving one to my mom as a gift.
So far the white surface has not been stained and I have cooked several fritattas and caramelized hazelnuts among other things.
Nothing sticks to it.

The Zevro VS2-S-1703 Vac 'n Save 17-Piece Set is sold on Amazon for the same price with free supersaver/prime shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/VS2-S-1703-Rectangular-Shaped-Vacuum-Sealing-Food-Storage-Containers/dp/B001A5W7L4

$70 for a cast-iron skillet? I bought pretty much the same thing, different brand for $20 elsewhere on sale.

Help! I bought 2 items from this event, and one has been received, but the other one has apparently not even been shipped yet.

The tracking number for the undelivered item is different from the delivered item, but USPS shows the whole order delivered.

What to do?

The items probably shipped separately. If it’s your most recent order, the second label was just created yesterday so it should ship soon. If you don’t see any change by the end of the week, email support@woot.com for assistance. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.

Thanks! Did finally see the note about the support email, after I posted this, so will keep a watch on it. Appreciate the reply!

Just received the Bialetti 06803 3-Quart Lasagna Pan - Red. It’s warped on both long sides and on the bottom, causing it to wobble when it’s on the counter. It’s so off on one side, I was wondering if it was on purpose so you could pour the contents out… like a huge gravy boat. For $15, I’m not going to worry much about it, but I’m curious how other people fared.

Sorry for the problem with the pan. :frowning:

If you change your mind, email support@woot.com for assistance. Include your Woot username and order number for faster service.

Is it weird that I read your post as “how other people farted.”?

So Now I’m extremely disappointed too. I ordered a bunch of stuff from this event, and they all arrived yesterday, but the Czech Cooker was not in the box. It wasn’t listed on the packing slip either. There’s not different shipping or tracking number for it, and the USPS website does show it as delivered. I have no clue what’s going on here. Sent a message to support, but the thing shows sold out, so now I have no idea whether I’ll even get it.

My stainless steel Shun steak knives arrived packed like garbage in the cheapest imaginable cardboard box, stuffed into a lined paper mailing envelope without any protection. The box was crushed and the knives were essentially jingling in the envelope. How am I supposed to give this away as a gift?