Gilbert Cellars - 3 Pack

Except if Woot can ship to Michigan, doesn’t that mean that they can too?

How much were these regular woot?

Mmmm, ordered 2 the first round. Had to try a bottle tonight, then ordered more.

You think I’ve started doing sales for those non-Wine Woot guys? Never :slight_smile:

Just for the record, some of us are very glad when wines do not have any bacon taste in them :slight_smile:

I opened my Left Bank last weekend and was surprised that there was hardly any nose. I also found it very peppery. I saved half the bottle and finished it 24 hours later and the fruit notes (I think blackberry if I remember correctly) was easier to pull out after it had some time to open up, but it was still a little heavy on the pepper. I haven’t had the Estate Syrah yet.

For me personally, I think I would save this purchase for something a little more complex. Syrah’s aren’t my favorite reds either so I have that going for me, which is nice. :slight_smile:

Had to go back and look at my notes. I definitely got a lot of pepper in the left bank as well. I thought it was pretty well balanced with the fruit.

No notes on the syrah, but I do remember the allobroges as being excellent but I got no bacon :frowning:

Bought 3 sets the last time around. Disappointed by the lack of bacon. Allobroges was the most accessible. The other two seemed really closed, tight and extremely concentrated. I decided they could be really great with more age on them and I’m letting them rest for a few more years. Check back in 2014 and I’ll let you know…

Got these last time, haven’t opened them yet, but I do have one complaint: The Allobroges and Syrah bottles are too wide for my wine cellar. Seriously, I’ve got 224 slots for wine to keep at the proper temp and humidity, and a few space-hogs have to pile up on the top shelf, around the cooling unit, because they’re too fat for a standard slot. I expect it with Champagne and maybe a few Burgundies – and I can’t afford many of those anyhow – but it’s really annoying.
That said, I’m looking forward to drinking the Gilberts.

methinks the bar is stuck

Current numbers (updated each minute)
First sucker: hogfatt
Speed to first woot: 1m 5.633s
Last wooter to woot: losthighwayz