Giornata Il Campo Red Blend (6)

We tend to have the opposite problem here… and chaptalization is prohibited in CA… though I’m sure it happens from time to time.

2011 was a gift for us in a way, with a remarkably cool growing season that gave us a bit more flexibility with picking decisions etc. In hot years, we’re sometimes worried about ph & sugar getting too high before flavors are as developed as we’d like them to be.

-asst winemaker @ Giornata

Good post - thanks.

I was excited to see this winery on here again. I have tasted previous IL CAMPO releases and have been blown away with what they are delivering for under $20.

We have actually served this and a few of Giornata’s other releases to really knowledgeable, experienced “wine friends” and they always think it is a $50+ boutique wine. (And truthfully it absolutely IS $50+ artisanal boutique wine.)

Picking this up for $12-$13 a bottle with shipping is simply absurd - I am not quite sure how the WineWoot guys pulled it off. First time I wooted this - I tried the first bottle and immediately wished I had bought the 3 woot limit.

Any chance of matching this deal on your website?

This was one of my favorite blends that we got on woot, but woot can’t ship to my state anymore. Really hoping to be able to get more.

IMO this one one of those “buy the max” deals that comes up on woot.

Random woot-related side note (I posted this during our wine.woot offer in April, 2012):

… and then I totally broke my leg during harvest this year…

And I haven’t the slightest idea where the whole “leg-breaking” idea came from in the beginning. Fate is clearly a big jokester.

So today I re-title myself as highly-paid executive cellar-rat who often wins lotteries and marathons and cures cancer with a new wine-based diet…

I’ll check back in another 18 months or so to let you know how my wine.woot-post future-altering theory pans out.

Thanks for the love!

If woot cannot ship wine to your state, shoot us an email at info@giornatawines.com and we’ll try and work something out for you.

Thanks! After the last woot I looked all over for it with no luck. Very excited to see it back.

If I were buying . . .

After the last woot we were pretty much sold out, but you can always call or email us as we try to take care of everyone direct.

quote postid=“5619901” user=“rmm989”]Thanks! After the last woot I looked all over for it with no luck. Very excited to see it back.
[/quote]

SHILL: …huge fan of Giornata; I’ve served the Il Campo, the Aglianico and the Gemellaia for discerning Italian friends (and non-Itialian friends who are Italian wine snobs) and all were impressed.

And as stated earlier, the QPR on this wine at full retail is impressive. A great daily drinker at this price that’s good enough for the weekends…

Ok, at under $15/btl, I could do two with any other interested SoCal’ers.

Looks like no buyers from Illinois yet. Anyone in the Chicago (and suburbs) area want to split this?

Gironata reps: added your logo to your signature. Feel free to change via “Your Account” in the upper-right corner. Then choose Forum Settings.

I will try this wine at City House on date night with my wife and close friends, who are also frequent wooters. City House will be a fist too.

Thanks Brian!!

Waiting patiently,
TN

C’mon Woot, we need more wine selections not furniture or openers. Just get us the wine, we’ll figure out how to open it and where to sit once we do.

I think you’re a bit lost, my friend.

Thanks wooters! Please visit us in our new winery and tasting room next time you’re in Paso Robles.

Darn, I was considering buying this, but I got home late and perhaps had consumed a glass or two of wine, and I forgot!

Any shares in the greater NYC area?