Glasses, contacts, Lasik, or nothing at all?

Glasses, contacts, Lasik, or nothing at all?

8 Likes

What if I use both?

hotel transylvania contacts GIF

homer simpson episode 20 GIF

17 Likes

Wouldn’t you like to know. Trying to get my secret identity.

Clark Kent Superman GIF

17 Likes

Squinting!

Futurama Squinting GIF

23 Likes

This almost has the original Jake of State Farm vibe.

What you wearing? On your eyes?

Nothing…

Animated GIF

13 Likes

Betty White Womens Month GIF by Women's History

14 Likes

You forgot intraocular implants after cataract surgery! My life was glasses age 3 to 14, then contacts for years, adding reading glasses, then implants plus readers, now added driving glasses too. thinking about bifocals.

12 Likes

Drunk Gilligans Island GIF by Wisconsin Sportscenter

16 Likes

You only have one pair of eyes,
Choose wisely!
All options have pluses and minuses.
See what I mean?

18 Likes

Beer goggles count?

15 Likes

… I remember him well…

15 Likes

Severe dry eye equals glasses and little chance for a successful Lasik surgery. 4-eyes 4-eva!

glasses GIF by Boo! A Madea Halloween

14 Likes

Glasses, but my eye doctor wants me to get implants.

10 Likes

boob implants?

9 Likes

In my eyes? Don’t be silly. :slight_smile:

She wants to put in new corneas

11 Likes

For the longest time, I’ve needed glasses. But every time I went in, they would remark on what a light Rx I needed and I still never felt like my vision was sharp afterward. Long story short, I end up being seen by a legit optometrist and she tells me that it’s my brain, not my eyes. I likely needed glasses as a kid and my brain just never learned to see clearly, so they can’t get me to 20/20 …and suddenly every poor experience I’ve had with an optician makes sense.

After learning this, I stopped wearing glasses because it seemed pointless, but I found that when I did put them on I felt less anxiety about my vision… so now I wear glasses for my mental health. The end.

18 Likes

Glasses now like I had in elementary school and middle school. In between during high school and college I wore contacts. Might go back to them. Eventually LASIK if my eyes stop getting worse. They have progressively gotten worse every since third or fourth grade.

12 Likes

I need glasses but no time for Dr. Too busy on woot😂

13 Likes

Depending on your age, you may want to consider hard contacts. They actually provide some resistance and slows/stops the eye from elongating more (making your Rx higher).
If you are close to needing progressives there aren’t great options for the hard lense wearers.

It takes a little to get used to them, but they were great and easy.
Also more afordable in the long run as your script generally doesn’t change.

11 Likes

Monocle & Pocket Watch

17 Likes