Glow Sticks - 24 Pack

They are highly poisonous, but alot of fun :slight_smile:

[MOD: per the features, they are non-toxic]

They’ve added to the features: “5 assorted colors”.

Cyalume products are probably the best standard to reference for light intensity, burn time and shelf life.

http://www.cyalume.com/military.php

All the ones I’ve ever gotten from other sources have printing on the packaging stating that they’re non-toxic, so are Cyalumes. These are from China, but it does say “Contents are non-flammable and non-toxic” in the woot description. I’m sure they don’t taste good and are not exactly nutritious, but I wouldn’t worry about the occasional leakage unless you plan on ingesting large quantities.

KuoH

I found this barely readable back label of the product here:

http://www.salvex.com/media/auction/p/1829540/182953939_237164_lp.jpg

From this site: http://www.salvex.com/listings/listing_detail.cfm?aucID=182953939

That’s why you buy three 24 packs and wear them all at once. I’m gonna be Safety Man on the nighttime Halloween Bicycle Ride.

Here are the ones sold last October
They were $3.99 for 12 two packs. IOW 24 sticks same as this. A 33% increase from the year before, when they sold for $2.99.
These ones are $5.99 ! That’s another 33% jump.
I see a pattern here. It’s not pretty.
Let’s hope glow sticks are not a predictor for inflation across the board.
33% a year and I won’t eat.

To note for those who ask about how long they store :
I have some from last year, in the foil, and they work fine.

I don’t get many trick or treaters, so I handed out the unopened 2 packs.

[MOD: these are larger than the last ones, 6" vs 4"]

Weren’t the 2 packs 4 inch glow sticks, and aren’t these 6 inch?

These are the good glow sticks. It is important that the attachment is built in and not capped to the end. That way when we attach them to the horses halter when camping the glow stick does not fall out of the cap. It is always easier to chase a bouncing glow stick then a black horse on a black night! Also great for handing out on Halloween!

I have had my glow sticks for up to a year with no problems, they usually last 2-3 hours and of you put them in the freezer directly after use, you can crack them again another time!

Is anyone else annoyed by the fact that the second picture shows a 5x5 arrangement, with one missing in the middle, instead of the more sensible 4x6 arrangement?

5x5 allows them to show that there are 5 different colors better than a 4x6 would. Just my guess.

ill be giving these out on holoween. just a note for cheap asses, candy will also be given out. I remember being a kid, maybe im alone, but i dont mind dropping bank to make children That happy. if i could i’d be giving out more. dont be cheap, candy is good.

I feel the same way. Great to see these on Woot, and I’ll be handing them out along with the good candy – no circus peanuts for my neighborhood. I get some big bags at Costco and it’s not actually that expensive.

The ones sold last year were awful. Terrible quality and many didn’t work straight out of the package. I ordered them and they came in time for Hurricane Sandy when we had weeks of no power but most didn’t work. I had to go around & apologize to my neighbors since I gave them out to all the kids in the neighborhood and most didn’t work. I felt like a jerk to give out garbage for Halloween.

I’d gladly pay a bit more for a working product. I just want to confirm that these are not the same brand as the horrible ones sold on Woot last year?

I just wanted to add that I think it’s awesome that people are talking about giving these out for Halloween. Thank you! My youngest is medically fragile and can’t eat any food at all (he has a feeding tube). I love people who give out other things than just candy/non-food items for Halloween so it lets him, as well as other children with allergies and medical problems enjoy the holiday, too.

P.S. We still had some packages of last year’s Woot glow sticks that we are opening now. This sale made me think of them. I was hoping it would make for a fun Sunday afternoon (make a tent inside, get out the glow sticks, etc) but even new in the package, none of them work at all. My little guy is not happy. I am hoping these different ones for sale today are better than last years. Note to self, if last year’s Darice brand are even offered again, run far away.

Yes.

I ordered the smaller version of these for last halloween… opened them all… shook them all… and hung them all on my fence.
When the kids came to my door I gave them all a mini candy bar & instructions to take a glow stick on their way out!!
The kids loved that… and they were gone in about an hour!
I’m in for 3 this year which probably still won’t be enough- the late-comers will have to make do with “just” candy!!

How long would these last unused? I am planning a convention next year and these would be great for our rave!

Yeahhhh … Glow sticks! I bought a bunch last year from woot! … Since the sun goes down earlier now, these come in handy when walking the dog at night for his 1.5m walk. Just attach one to the pooch and one around my back and we’re set!

Limit of 3 per customer. There goes my plans of a total-glowstick-costume for Halloween ;(