GN Netcom GN9120 Wireless Headset Bundle

I’m trying to convince my job to let me work from home so i can avoid a big chunk of childcare costs, i would love to have one of these things. We use VoIP so i can take my office phone anywhere and not change numbers, but my headset is this clunky, heavy wired monstrosity. Sadly there is no way i could expense this puppy and i’m not in a position to dish out $144.99 for ‘comfort’

Whoa 300 feet? That means I can walk to the liquar store and back while still yelling at people playing warcraft. Sweet

I too have one at work… I don’t know what I would do without it.

can you substantiate this claim?

Any idea id this interferes with WiFi APs?

There are about a thousand frequencies available in the 2.4 ghz band.

It shouldn’t. We have wireless network at work and use the exact same model. As I stated above, I wouldn’t know what to do without it. For sure a great item for hands free working :wink:

What the hell is that thing?! It looks like you went through my office’s closet that is filled with old electronics and computers, broke random pieces off random things, and then glued them together.

I’m in for 3!

Had one that I used when I used to work tech support - kick ass device! Goes everywhere, holds a solid charge and lets you take a leak with people on the line! Bought three recently with the MIDI boom for a VoIP project at work for our receptionists with the RHL - they’re in love. You should be as well - buy the damn things already! Jeez! If they interefere with your WiFi, stop using your Mac and get a new antenna <G>

The “OSlacker”
…yeah…I haven’t bought crap yet! What’s your point?

I may be alone here, but who is GN Netcom? I’ve never heard of this brand before. My entire call center runs on Plantronics for wired and wireless headsets.

seems promising, the company is good, they shouldn’t interfere with Wi-Fi any more than a standard 2.4ghz cordless phone…

This operates on the 2.4GHz frequency range. Whether there will be any interferance depends on how well the collision detection works and how many other devices are operating in the same range.

Talk to the person who does your taxes. It might be a deductible expense. Even if it wasn’t, you might make up the difference in not having to pay for child care during the time you’re working at home. Just a thought.

Well when I get too close to my microwave using my woot-ed Q1 or phone system … Static, or a dropped signle.

Great product, I own two. 300’ range seems about right, I can go outside, go to the bathroom, whatever. I have multiline phones too, no problems. I love it, it help sproductivity, I paid over 300 each on hellodirect.com

These are awesome. I had one at my home office that I just brought back to the office office. It sat by my Linksys G wireless router for over a year with no problems at all. It’s light, holds a good charge and has really good reception over good distances.

so, is this like a headset for your cell phone or your computer or something?

oh, and free fj

Bluetooths are for annoying a-hole dorks, but I need one. Will these work with my (any) cellphone with some minor rigging to older style headset hardware with the switch-to-answer through the headphone jack? Then I could leave my cell on the charger in the break area.

Come on, MacGuyver!

man do those things go for that much? anywho, don’t need…

I used one of these at the last place I worked for about 3 years, I loved it, and I sat in the same room as a wireless router and it didn’t bother it. I could go downstairs and out the front door before I’d lose the signal.

If you don’t like the headband it also comes with one of those ear loop things. Personally I prefer the headband.