condition: Refurbished

pricing for future reference

Price comparator post ! - Is this a good deal ? Let’s see ! :slight_smile:

Refurbished GN Netcom GN9120 Wireless Headset Bundle, for $79.99 + $5 shipping
Product list:

• 1 GN Netcom GN9120FLEX Wireless Headset GN9120-28-05
  • 1 GN Netcom GN1000 Remote Handset Lifter

To access the price comparator , click here
Note: This is a multiple-products deal. You can use the price comparator to look for the price of either the bundle, or for each product included in it. Just choose what you want to compare in the price comparator. It doesn’t make sense to only look at the price of just one of the included products…

http://lucy.cykian.net/wts/pic0.png
http://lucy.cykian.net/wts/pic1.jpg

damn, paid more for this during a woot off

which each cost $99.99
plus shipping + $5.00
for a total of $104.99

Works good though, I love it at work

These bad boys run in the $200’s on Shopzilla. So, looks like this is a nice woot, if you don’t mind the refurbie tag.

Froogled

The motor on the servo for the phone picking up part tend to wear out really fast on these things. So you need to start manually picking your phone off the hook after about 6 months or so…

Can anyone tell me why are these so expensive? Are they that good?

Is it because of the range that is 300ft as opposed to the classic 30ft bluetooth? Besides the range I don’t really see anything earth-shattering that would make me part with $85, am i missing something?

Not entirely true! Ive had mine for 3 years now, this thing works AWESOME… I also paid like 300 bucks so this is a good deal indeed

same here, i need to pick up one more for the office. they do work too, and everyone wants one.

There is no catch in here, these are really good… Im thinking on buying an extra set for me to have a spare in case mine goes south… Well, its late, maybe if tomorrow this sale is still on I would probably jum here!

Word to the wise: Reburbished items are like trusting a hobo to hold your valuables while you…well, its nothing like anything. I will never recommend buying a refurb just cuz I got shafted when getting a 12mp digital camera that broke 4 days after purchase.

Yea paid $100 for mine, works well though

I bought 3 of these (refurb) the first time they were on Woot (for a lot more too). I just have to say they are awesome! Of course, they are to plug into an office phone, nor a normal analog phone like you may have at home. (I think anyway) Basically, the quality on these are just superb. And the range is incredible. I used to walk down the sidewalk in front of our office about 150 yards. That’s just crazy. (We were 2nd story though) I don’t work there anymore, and I don’t have a phone it would work with or I would buy this now.

I paid 99 for mine the last woot-off. It’s a great headset. It was completely covered in waxy earwaxy residue though… I took it completely apart and cleaned the hell out of it. Was kind of disgusted for a bit though.

thinking the same thing, if I had any money I’d buy a back up to the one I Bought for a 100 off of woot recently. Certainly wouldn’t want to shell out 200 later down the road.

try cleaning out your ears first :smiley:

Can you develop which phone is needed ?
I’m really interested in these for long phone talks with relatives but I don’t have a professional phone, like most of us probably.

[EDIT] Ok I did some research and it looks like this handset has a RJ9 plug, which seems to be pretty standard. It is a 4-position 4-contacts modular plug, similar to a RJ11 or a RJ45 plug but smaller.
If you phone has that then it is likely that this handset will work (well - it’s what I think).

I wonder how many of my fellow co-workers will woot these today.
I’ll have to buy one, just so everyone else doesn’t one-up me :slight_smile:
The price I pay for telling them about woot.

Our Avaya phones have this plug on the underside. My coworker’s plantronics headset has the same connection and works well on them.

Why is it they’d only work on an office phone? I’m disabled and could really use a headset but I only have a regular POTS at home.