GN Netcom GN9120 Wireless Headset Bundle

It LOOKS LIKE (i repeat, it LOOKS LIKE) you can use this headset as long as your phone has a standard RJ9 headset connector.

Sorry, uski. I think I cross-posted with you.

Don’t be sorry, I was shouting “LOOKS LIKE” because I don’t want to receive 20 messages in a few days from angry people who’d say “hey you dumbass you said it would work with my cheapo phone and it doesn’t im gonna send you the broken sansas I got in my BoC in ur face”

:slight_smile:

I worked in a call center and we had a (likely) earlier version of this headset. It’s really a great tool if you’re on the phone a lot. If you pick up the phone often (especially for inbound calls) it’s a time/arm/lifesaver. But if you only make/get a couple calls a day, it’s kinda pointless. It’s like parking the remote for your TV on top of the entertainment center (guilty).

and the quality of these things is typically really good. I don’t know why these were refurbished in the first place, but I would normally assume good things from the company. If you will honestly use it (really… think it through) then it’s worth every penny. If you just wanna look cool, then it must be really nice to have all those piles of money around, eh?

Since those lovely Tim Allen “Santa Clause” movies, nobody seems to remember it’s spelled CLAUS not CLAUSE… not that anyone cares.

On with your wooting.

I purchased one of these during the last wootoff. Boss was so impressed she had me look for some more for the office. Couldn’t find any of these for less than $175.00 with the handset lifter.

This is approximately half off the cheapest I was able to find. I just bought 3 more. This is a great deal for anyone who can use. Perfect for multiline phone systems.

According to this TD video, it does. Of course, it’s TD… :stuck_out_tongue:

I bought one of these outside of Woot about 6 months ago refurbed and I haven’t had any problems with it. Well worth the money. And I paid $150. If I needed another, I’d be all over this.

I’m in b2b sales and am on the phone all day long. I used one of these at my old employer and it was fantastic. My new employer uses the Plantronics headset, which leaves alot to be desired compared to the GN Netcom. I am debating picking this up to use in my office, it might rub my boss the wrong way though. We’ll see.

READ THIS ABOUT THE HEADSET BATTERY!!

Yes - these are great headsets and work great. HOWEVER

IF THE BATTERY EVER NEEDS TO BE REPLACED (about ever 2-3 years) you have to send it to the Netcom factory for replacement at a price. My particular model would cost $50 a pop anytime the battery needed to be replaced (older model.)

Check with Netcom regarding the battery life and replacement on this model. If it’s not a proprietary battery replacement like the older sets then you are in good shape.

Watched that video on the youtubes and it was actually helpful. Picked up one for my Grandma. Mother’s day is just around the corner.

I bought this at the last woot and the batter arrived DOA. Picked one up online for $20. The sound quality and range is absolutely amazing - at least 150 feet with no degradation. Buying another one.

I work for an all Plantronics call center (we have also handled a marketing effort for them). GN Netcom is the primary competition, and I understand their quality to be good, but I haven’t tried it.

We went with Polycom SoundPoint 430’s for everyone that wasn’t an outbound agent. We had to use a metal bracket to keep the handset from sliding down when the lifter was used or the phones couldn’t be remote hung up. We figured this out on a trial unit prior to ordering, so it clearly wasn’t a show stopper. You don’t normally use the headset port for the wireless headsets, because most phones can’t be remote answered. Using a handset lifter requires you to use the handset port.

These will work on any phone that has a seperate wired handset. You can get one for $15 at Walmart, but most household phones will not work.

As for the price, you are paying for more than a headset. Lets take the Plantronics Voyager 510 as an example(not anywhere near the same class of product, but priced similarly, and available in pieces, see below for details). The headset only (for use with a bluetooth phone) costs about $50. The 510s goes for $170-$300. This adds the base station that can connect to your desk phone. This product is also useless. You want the 510sl, which adds the lifter option to the base (and brings it in line with the functionality of this GN Netcom product) and rings in at $270-$300. You can probably find better prices. The dedciated desk options are cheaper than the Voyager 510sl and perform better, but you loose the flexibility of using the same headset for your cell phone.

Details on the Voyager 510: its Bluetooth and has a 30’ range. When used with the Plantronics base I have been able to stretch the 30’ A LOT, but not with solid results. Up to 40’ and I can converse, I can go over 100’ and still get incoming call notifications and answer the phone, but the audio will be too broken up). This headset will stay paired to 2 devices at a time, allowing you get get incoming call notifications and answer either one.

Does anyone know if this will work on an IP Phone, like the Cisco 7900 series?

As long as it’s just the headset it should work fine. I would check with Cisco to be 100% sure

Anbody try rigging one of these up to their computer to use with voip (skype)? It would be nice not to be wired to the computer since the wife is going to europe for the summer for school. I tried one of the usb wirelss telephones and the reception was bad couldn’t hardely use it outside the room the computer was in.

Are you serious? Price much? This is crazy ridiculous cheap. And yes, worth every penny if you have to talk on the phone alot and have to have two hands on a keyboard.

It’s completely based on experience. YES I’ve had refurb items break before but I’ve had plenty of new items break as well. Generally I look at a warranty as well as part of the purchase. If there’s NO warranty, I don’t touch the item (used OR NEW) unless it’s some insane pricing. As many others think too, refurbished can have more reliability than a new item unless it’s an inherent flaw in design.

There is an adapter to use that headset on a USB port - Froogle here
There is one on eBay too.

It can be found online for $50. Yes it’s pricey but as you said you get what you pay for.

anyone know how well these work around multiple wireless routers? Being 2.4ghz just like wireless G and B, im wondering if there will be any issues. I have seen some 2.4ghz devices that completely destroy wireless routers signals on certain channels, and then other 2.4ghz devices that dont cause any problems. Just looking for some input on this. thanks.