Goal Zero Yeti 150 Solar Recharging Kit

This site says a 40" = 42W. My new Samsung 40" exceeds energy star standards and draws a max 86W. And I’m sure the idea is to use it outside so the brightness is going to have to maxed out. This will not power a 32" TV for 4-5 hrs. No way.

I can say that a 32" will not work with this. There simply is not enough power for the startup load that a TV of that size will have. Anything below 22" like this Samsung would probably work just fine. These models have a maximum surge of 35W, they are designed to be used with RVs.

Weren’t these just demo-ed at Costco?

Any users have any input? So to speak …

you can get these right on the Golazero site for 229.00!

[mod edit: That’s just for the generator, the kit that we’re selling today is $429.98 over there.]

Can anyone explain to me why you would take a TV to a tailgate?

That is just for the Generator, you need to purchase the solar panel sperately for $200 from the GoalZero website. So you’re saving $130 + shipping from Woot.

I think they’re referring to American Football tailgates. People who like American Football also like watching the pre-pre-pre-pre-coverage of the game.

This is what I did:
Solar panel (Not flexible)
Battery (sample-actual battery from Costco)
Cigarette liter
Carrier
Inverter
USB charger
Maybe not as nice looking, but most have better specs (think battery), and all is easily replaced when something wears out (think battery or inverter).

The battery in this unit is going to be the only thing that will wear out and need replacing anytime soon. Replacement batteries can be had for $30-$40 for this device.

I was thinking something like this for $17 delivered might work:

Battery

Not finding how much it weighs. Maybe that information isn’t available on your mobile website.

The Goalzero page says 12 lbs (5.4 kg), which is surprisingly light for something that’s mostly battery. I guess it has a pretty small battery.

Weight is one of the first things I look for under specs. Anyway the “generator” is 12 lbs and the solar panel is 2.5 pounds.

Yep, small battery, cannot find amp rating. Here is there best description (see ‘Yeti 150’ at bottom of page):

Chart

The replacement batteries on Amazon say it’s a 12V 15AH. I assume the factory battery is the same.

Link fixed (at least I think this is the correct link):
Battery

Seems odd that the 150Wh, 14,000mAh capacity isn’t mentioned anywhere, which seems to be the most important spec if you were in the market.

This might be something you take to camping with kids who have tablets, Gameboys etc.
Not enough power to run anything serious.
I think you might be better off buying portable jumper pack and add a solar panel.

Good lead acid battery with high capacity is heavy.