Golf Balls – 36 Pack

This makes me glad I gave up golf a couple of years ago. I would have likely belittled this deal’s balls, when the truth is that they made little difference for an 11 handicapper like I was…golf has more excuses than Carter’s has little liver pills.

I’m totally in for some Bridgestone’s. Hopefully they’re a decent grade. Considering that a dozen normally runs $40 this is a pretty good deal.

I wouldn’t pay to play with somebody else’s used balls. To make matters worse, they’re not even the high-end balls those companies make.

Wow, amazing deal if you use recycled golf balls! These are normally about $30 for 36 of the Titleist NXT. Not sure on the other ones.

Gonna think about it, might get a few.

The balls to get are the ones with the eurethane covers:

Nike One
Bridgestone

The other balls have hard plastic covers that are more durable, but will not grab the green nearly as well…

Those Bridgestones are VASTLY superior for slower (read: amateur) swing speeds. The Nike Ones are good for you Tiger impersonators…

Hit 'em good!

Was hoping you could get a mixture, but you can only pick one brand.

Recycles golf balls are a great buy if you aren’t a good golfer, but still love to play. With my relative lack of skill, I’m not going to really know the difference from one ball to the next and this is a good way for me to save a couple of bucks in what could be an expensive game. Thanks Woot!

Fun writeup; that wife has pretty good aim!
If my count is right, she only missed with 4 of the 36 balls – that’s an 89% accuracy rate!

Two good uses for today’s Woot:

1. Put all 36 loose golf balls in your neighbors mailbox and make it lean forward just enough…

2. Send to deployed folks. When I was deployed to Iraq, we couldn’t get enough golf balls to hit off of the balcony of one of Saddam’s palaces.

I’m opting for the second option this time around.

Great! I hit all these balls at the Woot office buildings and now they’re selling them back to the public. Curse you WOOT!

This.

In for three.

I’m in for the Bridgestones. Two 36 packs for 35 shipped is great!

When they say its a low spin ball its made for the golfer who is getting decent contact on the ball but still missing and losing yards and putting it left or right. While its not going to cure a slice or a hook lower spin balls will help the golfer who wants a little straighter and longer shot. Less spin meaning when it lands you’ll get that natural forward roll as opposed to the ball biting and stopping or going left or right or an unwanted draw or fade. Think of baseball and how a curve ball or slider moves with the spin a pitcher puts on it. Awesome when you’re trying to get to the green but you lose a lot of touch when trying to get up and down around the green.

NXT: 332
Nike One: 378
Bridgestone: 330
TaylorMade: 342

Are golf balls like babies? Are more dimples better?

With only one photo I am not sure if I like the look of the item. lol

Not at all a bad deal for used balls, but I get the impression that these are not “first quality” or “mint” or “AAA” or “AAAAA,” depending on the vendor’s rating system.

“Good condition” as described in the specs includes scuffed and X-out balls, which could be a minor issue at this price, though it still makes these balls not as good a deal as they could be.

But for Woot’s sake, I hope that “practice models” does not mean range balls, which is bound to draw complaints even from a crappy weekend hacker like me.

Was it a Titleist?

In for 2 of the Bridgestones!

Here’s a couple media releases Nike and Bridgestone have put out on both. Ive played the Bridgestone and its a pretty solid all around ball its soft enough to give playability around the green but still has some characteristics of a distance ball. Not a bad ball if you’re consistently getting good contact and want to up to something a little more aggressive.

Bridgestone

Nike One

YMMV, but I’m giving these a major pass.

“Includes x-outs and practice balls,” … probably also balls that have sat in water for who knows how long – golf balls do absorb water, which really alters how they play.

If you don’t think your game is good enough that the quality of your golf balls matter, find one of those kids (or adults)who hangs out near the course and sells balls in egg crates. Odds are the balls were found on land, which is what you want. And you probably won’t get any practice balls or x-outs.