Good Ideas Compost Wizard Jr.

**Item: **Good Ideas Compost Wizard Jr.
Price: $79.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Condition: New

[Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=Good Ideas Compost Wizard Jr.)

[Search Google](Google Ideas Compost Wizard Jr.)

Previous Similar Sales (May not be exact model)
7/7/2013 - $84.99 - 31 comment(s)

Let’s check out a video [youtube=-cvp0yBIbLU][/youtube]

Lot’s of additional info can be found on the product page

Take a look at some reviews from Home Depot
Almost perfect reviews (4.9 out of 5.0) over at walmart.com

Almost perfect reviews (4.9 out of 5.0) over at walmart.com

Really does look like a good thing, but wouldn’t you need two of them? Otherwise you’re going to be mixing materials which are at different stages of decomposition.

People on amazon (which is woot’s parent company, no?) are saying that the base is flimsy and won’t allow this to tumble. Also that the ventilation is poor and the compost remains too moist.

I don’t know, based on those 2 things, I’ll be passing on this … again.

The flimsy comment sounds like eh, people don’t know how to be careful.

The moisture comment makes me happy; in Las Vegas, my biggest problem is keeping the compost moist enough to do its thing.

In for one!

Oh hey! This would be perfect for getting rid of all those bodies in the basement…

I bought this in the spring. It is NOT flimsy at all! The amount of moisture can easily be dealt with by what you put in it. Here in the humid South, I had a hard time keeping is wet enough until I changed my mixture. Not having 2 does create an issue. There is a period of time that I just can’t add anything else if I ever want to harvest my compost, but the convenience is hard to beat otherwise. I REALLY like mine.

Ideally you would want two to have one that is near completion, or at least on the way to that end. The other to put new materials in. I actually use geobins to store my less active compost and use this composter for my active pile. It takes about two months to fully compost (I don’t shred my paper/leaves like I probably should, so it takes longer).

I bought mine from here around April. It is super easy to spin, but it does come off of the tracks sometimes. Putting it back on is not difficult, as long as the bin is not full. I recommend filling it about 1/2 way to start off. Compost is extremely heavy, dense materials when it melds together. As for moisture, mine seems to be fine. It is never sopping wet or dry as a bone. I’d give it 4 out of 5 stars.

I have had this composter for about 6 months. Bought it on Woot. I like it. Here are the issues I’ve had with it.

1. Above posters are right about needing two if you want to complete a batch of compost quickly. Adding fresh materials lengthens the process.

2. If you do continue to add materials to get more finished product, it is very heavy and difficult to turn when it is full even for me and I’m 6’1" 230 lbs of raw muscle.

3. Mine has had problems of too much moisture. I am in Pensacola, FL and we’ve had rain every day. Sometimes it’s a mucky mess inside but a period of dry weather will fix that.

4. The lid leaks. If you turn the compost and leave it lid side down, you’ll find that black compost juice has run out around the lid.

Having said all that, I love it. All I put in it are fresh grass clippings and a little Black Kow cow manure from Lowe’s or Home Depot and barring any additional materials, I have black compost in about 2 weeks if I turn it regularly.

The product description says:

“The ends feature aeration holes which provide much needed airflow for the compost batch with the option of drilling more for those who live in areas with low air currents”

Just curious, did you drill yours?

I purchased this a couple months ago here on woot. I agree with the moisture comments. Mine is always too moist and requires me to leave the lid off which attracts bugs.
Kept the lid on for a week and it got so moist that the bottom split. Could be partly my fault for being a poor composter but I have never had problems with wood box composters in my garden which I have since gone back to. Tumbling is not my cup of tea.

I have been eyeing this and waited for it to come back. Can’t beat the price on woot for this item. Looking forward to using this.

I got this from Woot a few months ago. I mostly use cofee grinds, clippings, leaves, and fruit/vegetables. I got maggots even though I didn’t put meat. I’m still learning how to do composting correctly. The product seems to work.

I bought this a few months back through woot. The base has held up well, and is showing no flimsiness. The compost is a little moist, but it’s all about the right mix of “brown” and “green” materials. I am pleased so far. Well worth the money.