Good Ideas Rain Barrels - Your Choice

When are they shipping?

Please be aware that standard shipping on items is usually 3-5 business days from the sale (sometimes much sooner than that).

Since it appears that the shipping date as passed, we recommend that you contact support@woot.com and they should be able to assist you with your order.

Rain barrels are legal in all 50 states. In Colorado, residential homes are exempt from the SB 09-080.

I cut a hole in the mesh with a step drill to match the tubing coming from my split A/C unit and am currently feeding reclaimed condensation into it at an acceptable rate. Itā€™ll let me water certain plants which donā€™t grow well here with the city water supply, and thereā€™s no rain to speak of.

Just drop in a small piece of a BT donut if you get any larvae, but the mesh guard ought to keep most of them out. This would be a lifetimeā€™s supply for the whole neighborhood: http://www.amazon.com/Summit-111-5-20-Pack-Mosquito-Dunk/dp/B0002568YA ($20)

PS 7 years later Iā€™m still using the same pack of mosquito dunks with my Woot rain barrel. Never had a mosquito problem with it.

1 Like

I built a couple of rain barrels, cheap (relatively) using pickle barrels (Mount Olive pickles are made here in NC), downspout diverters, and 1/2 inch ball valve hose bibbs. The ball valves are more expensive than a regular multi-turn bibb but they will flow a lot more water at the low pressure you get from gravity.
2012315_Rain_Diverter

The Rain Reserve diverter connects via a hose to a sealed hole in your barrel. If the barrel fills up, excess water simply runs down the downspout as it did before - no overflow. No moving parts, either.