Good Ideas Rain Wizard 50-Gallon

The government wonks in our Midwest metro area would celebrate us harvesting 100% of the rainwater falling on our property!

It is illegal for us to connect our roof gutters to the community drains even though they were designed that way back in the 40/50s.

Our street drains have restricter plates with the hope that rain water will stay on our property rather than joining the “public water.”

Due to the Federal Government restricting what can go into the rivers/lakes, we spend 100s of millions of $ in our communities preventing it.

Civil disobedience!

Perhaps you should have read through the entire thread before posting.

Amen!

Perhaps you should consider taking your own advice to “stop posting this crap”. Your ridiculous rant assumes that a substantial amount of every gallon of rain water actually reaches a water table when, IMHO, that is not realistic.

As you previously stated, I have just perused verification that most states that had laws against collection have changed those very laws to allow collection by homeowners. Many areas are now requiring it for substantial water users such as businesses and high-rise buildings.

One might also consider the amount of energy required to process potable water for your home. Wasting that energy to water your garden plants is about as non-green as you can get without even considering how much plants hate the substantial amount of chemicals usually added in the process.

I’m glad I live in Texas where collection is not only encouraged; the law states that no entity may impose restrictions of any sort on said collection. That includes counties, municipalities and even home owner’s associations although HOA’s can require you to screen it from public view.

I wanna pick ur brain,“Arizona”. I was wanting to" hook my central heat and air into a Solar panels"!!!( I was thinking if anybody done that it would be ya’ll in Arizona, so hot there.) anyways

All so true…also here-in-hell solar lights only last a few months before the thin solar panels fry! Useless! Nothing survives this environment! What Idiot easterner stopped the wagon train and said, “this looks like a good spot!?”

^^X^^

(while Romulan is a cute cultural reference…why would the word I.d.I.o.t. be changed to that?!)

This site has a pretty good state by state review. Rainwater harvesting regulations state by state In most states if you are collecting your own residential rainwater for your own use you are OK.

Your opinion is wrong. Precipitation and runoff from precipitation directly effect the water table. The amount of infiltration is effected by many factors such as soil characteristics, soil saturation, and land cover.

I’m not sure how anything else you said disagrees with me. My point was and is that people should stop posting that it is illegal to harvest rainwater. It deters people from buying a product that is both green and saves money. There are many places across the country that a few large groups power harvesting rain water can certainly effect the water supply. Most wells only reach a couple feet into the water table, it’s not difficult to effect them. I don’t like the control, and I don’t agree with the way its handled but unfortunately, it’s necessary. water is not yours because of where it fell.

I’m not surprised this sold out. I bought two. I could have gotten a food grade blue barrel from neighbor, but I figured after I bought the hardware (and kept my fingers crossed it didn’t leak too much), and painted the barrels, I would be in for the same price. He was charging 30 bucks a barrel. I would much rather use rain water for my garden than city water. Pumped for summer!

I purchased one and I love it. It was simple to set up and full after one night of rain. Earlier posters complained of water standing in the base so I drilled a couple of drainage holes after purchasing a stand. The barrel in the video differs from mine as mine has a screen on the front, near the top, for overflow.I also noted that the “nubs” on either side near the top also allow for overflow drainage. I have some lychee, Mango and Longan trees in containers and was looking for a way to not use city water or reclaimed water on them. This has been the perfect solution.

We bought the Rain Wiz back in Feb. It works quite well and we are happy with it. But! Be very careful when installing the spigot, the brass threads on the spigot are very sharp and easy to cross thread. I had to use plumbers putty to seal but still leaks a few drops/min. Also purchased a Rain Diverter Pro from Amazon. Works well.